Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2019 RAV4 Hybrid AWD XLE
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE - I tried posting this in the new Entune section but it couldn't find the page when I hit SAVE -- several times over two days.

I know that you can buy a Verizon cell data account and create a wifi hotspot with the head unit / Entune, but is it possible to join a nearby wifi network (like your home) if parked where there is good signal? I'm not seeing any options for this in the Entune interface, but our 2019 Honda Pilot EX (next-to-lowest trim) can do this simple function.

TIA

·
1,516 Posts
NOTE - I tried posting this in the new Entune section but it couldn't find the page when I hit SAVE -- several times over two days.

I know that you can buy a Verizon cell data account and create a wifi hotspot with the head unit / Entune, but is it possible to join a nearby wifi network (like your home) if parked where there is good signal? I'm not seeing any options for this in the Entune interface, but our 2019 Honda Pilot EX (next-to-lowest trim) can do this simple function.

TIA
Nope. It only uses the Verizon Network to create a hotspot inside the car. I would look into OBD2 Hotspot dongles.. a device that connects to your cars OBD2 that can create hotspot using your current phones network or it can connect to any type of wifi.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Many phones can become their own hotspot, you sometimes have to pay a fee and better have unlimited data.

The one built into the car is basically doing that, a hotspot for Verizon. But with your phone, you can use that anywhere you bring your phone and share your connection.

·
2019 RAV4 Hybrid AWD XLE
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many phones can become their own hotspot, you sometimes have to pay a fee and better have unlimited data.

The one built into the car is basically doing that, a hotspot for Verizon. But with your phone, you can use that anywhere you bring your phone and share your connection.
Not an answer to my question at all, but thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Thornezilla
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing