Toyota Nation Forum banner

safety inspection woes

829 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  kenratboy 
#1 ·
i just need to vent a bit... don't mind me

things that failed

- e brake, i knew about that, the shoes are toast
- front sway bar links, didn't know about them, but i had a look and they do need replacing

things that they let slide

- rear brake pads are very close
- rear struts are completely shot

- fuel leak in the sending hose, i had no idea about this, the mechanic couldn't pinpoint the leak but it smells like fuel around the mid point of the line, under the driver door, its not pissing fuel yet, but i'm sure it will eventually

so yeah, i got to buy about 200$ in parts, install them and go back, then i got to pay more to get my manitoba plates, this sucks!!! getting everything transfered over will end up costing me more than i make in 2 weeks. its gonna be a cat food kinda month

i know i'm getting off relatively easy, but still, i'm pretty pissed

See less See more
#2 ·
man, i am SO glad we dont have inspections around here. what i dont know, wont hurt me, and is certianly a lot cheaper. Sorry you have to go through that much crap just to drive, good luck getting everything fixed

#6 ·
ok, now i'm pissed, the only place i can get parts is canadian tire

every parts shop in town have no idea what i'm talking about, the nearest toyota dealer or decent parts shop is 800kms away, so i'd end up paying like 50$ for shipping

FUCK!!! i hate canadian tire parts, i hate this stupid ******* gm/ford town

#8 ·
WTF? I thought that was for Singapore!

When I took my car in, they plugged the cable into the harness (for OBDII), let the computer run the tests, and thats IT.

No smog check (computer reported no issues)
No fuel throat check, no NOTHING.

In and out in 5 minuites. I love Nevada!

#11 ·
SolaraTRD said:
Did they rip off ur inspection sticker already? Or did they leave it on even though u failed.

Bastards at the toyo dealership wouldn't even let me go out the shop until I bought New windshield wiper blades from there. Asses. And they ripped off the sticker right away~!
Sounds like they had their way with you :rolleyes:

You sure as hell have the right to take your car to another shop - even if it was on the back of a tow truck, and depending on the law, you might have been able to legally drive out of there.

Fire bomb at 2 AM :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.