I finally got it done :)

Just unpacked

Back of grille

Screen Installed

Blacked out behind

Installed :)

Another View

Whole Truck

If I had to do it again, I would have simplified the mounting for the screen in a way that I didn't have to bend it to fit.
Otherwise, I'm psyched...
Rich

·
Registered
144 Posts
i like it, but dunno about the toyota logo. looks like it was just spray painted or something? either way, nice work.

·
Registered
144 Posts
oh alright. i still think it would look even better with that charcoal/grey coloroed logo, but to each his own. how exactly did you get those bolts on the bottom of the gille to screw the wing nuts onto?

·
I can has taco?
2k5 Tacoma DC 4x4 OR
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
how exactly did you get those bolts on the bottom of the gille to screw the wing nuts onto?
It's kind of hard to explain. I cut the heads off of the bolts, and ran them into a kind of flush mount receptical to build a "tower". I put a 2x2" square of metal screen over the whole tower and applied BondoGlass over the base and the screen. They're not moving anywhere...

I'll see if i can dig one up an post it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks good, although i can agree the logo kinda looks outta place. I would leave it perhaps without a logo?. all black, like in the last picture.

how much did it cost ya?...how long did it take?.

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
looks good. Ive been thinking about doing the same but just never find the time to do it. I like this recessed style a lot better than the Grillcraft.

·
I can has taco?
2k5 Tacoma DC 4x4 OR
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good, although i can agree the logo kinda looks outta place. I would leave it perhaps without a logo?. all black, like in the last picture.

how much did it cost ya?...how long did it take?.
Grille 100
Hardware 15
Bondo 10
BondoGlass 10
Mesh 10
Paint 50

It took me longer because I was a dumbass and used a sawzall to cut the original grille bars out. That made me have to fill spots I wouldn't have had to if I just used my dremel discs and wheels.
Probably 4-5 hours total work, but you'll have delays for drying time of the bondo/primer/fiberglass/etc.

·
I can has taco?
2k5 Tacoma DC 4x4 OR
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks nice! you should relocate your horns like i did, just extend the wiring and mount them behind the bumper. just my opinion but i don't like being able to see them through the mesh grill.
I'm definately going to do that in the next couple of weeks. As someone previously requested, do you have a pic of your relocation?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts