Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is Hot August Nights in Reno and my dad and I went to the auction at the convention center.

Obviously, there was the mix of normal old cars, but there is always a section with nice new cars, susally Benz's. However, this year, they had a Aston Martin Vantage (with an AUTOMATIC!), but most amazing, was a new Maybach 57!

This car costs $310,000 new, base, so $350,000+ would not be a shock.

The car was a freaking huge, but nice looking (not pretty, but it was SUBSTANTIAL and looks all business) The front rotors were HUGE, and each rotor had TWO sets of 4 pot calipers! I have never seen that before!

The car looks great, but as you could imagine, was not there for fun, so was locked with a dealer there for interested buyers.

I would LOVE to drive it. I bet it would feel heavy and slow...until you hit the gas for the first time!

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
yeah, i've seen a 57, and two 62s...

they blend in too much...

bad Mercedes, BAD..!:hammer: :mad:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pics. The pictures on the internet are MUCH better than what I could have done with all the people around the car.

·
DJModifyd
1,492 Posts
i recently went to a private show at an airport that mercedes put on.

they had a maybach there...i didn't pay attention to what model it was.....but it was a mayback...it was unlocked and it had a powersupply hooked upto it. there are tables.....the seats recline allt he way back and foot rests fold out...there is a refridgerator in between the seats......there isa cd player, dvd player, and all the controls for the AV inbetween the two rear passengers. there were huge tvs in each of the seats infront of the rear passengers....and there was also a built in cell phone and the mercedes S.O.S. button i don't remember everything cause it was about a month ago....and camera's wern't allowed.

i remember that the projectors in the headlights even had the lil maybach symbol etched into them. it was a badass car.....but it is huge!

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
a family friend to my boss rents out exotic vehicles for in-town celeb's and football players. Ie. he owns them and rents them out (ferrari's, lambo's, austins', real pricey stuff). He did add a mabach to his collection last year, i've only seen that on his lot a few times, the rest of the times its always OUT.

·
Registered
Camry
91 Posts
I was watching a show on Speed Channel the other day and they said that it had about the same acceleration performance as a ford focus.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btrek said:
I was watching a show on Speed Channel the other day and they said that it had about the same acceleration performance as a ford focus.
Thats not true. The 0-60 time is in the 5's.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
the new maybachs have twin turbo V12s

·
Registered
470 Posts
I saw a maybach two days ago when i was coming out of my job parking lot down here in new orleans. Yes the car is huge, i think it is probably longer than a S series mercedes, it looks like a 4 door limosine...But yeah, i was pretty surprised to see one down here in New Orleans for the simple fact that i have seen a lamborghini yet...

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
oibone781 said:
I saw a maybach two days ago when i was coming out of my job parking lot down here in new orleans. Yes the car is huge, i think it is probably longer than a S series mercedes, it looks like a 4 door limosine...But yeah, i was pretty surprised to see one down here in New Orleans for the simple fact that i have seen a lamborghini yet...
yeah, the 58 (or 57, i might be wrong) is over 16 ft, while the 62 is in excess of 20 ft:eek:

they are essentially the same car, except the 62 is designed to be a chauffeur driven car, while the 58 is to be driven by oneself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts