Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Supercharger kit for a 2003 4.7L V-8. Have looked high and low but no go!!! Anyone know where one is for sale . Please contact me.

Phantom

·
Registered
Toyota Tundra
4 Posts
I suggest to keep a look out on Ebay

I was looking for one for my 2000 V8 4x4
at the time they were about 3500.00
I happened to find a truck loaded with TRD upgrades including S/C and bought it on ebay
Longo Toyota in CA may be a good place to call:naughty:

·
Registered
03 tundra accesscab
38 Posts
i would talk to a dealer tech about this. theres some things they dont tell you about those superchargers regarding how many pounds of boost they put out, and if your engine can take the load without needing some extended higher grade main bearing/head studs, harder pistons etc etc.

you can pick up the TRD supercharger here http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_66&products_id=889&osCsid=edacb3396eb4a27bbf0c9b3740cc6c30

you can pick up a "rotrex" supercharger system here http://www.boostedtundras.com/tech.htm those which to be a more simple do it yourself kit.

personally, i think they cost a bit much for what boost you would be getting which is uncertain.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That "Boosted Tundra" kit looks interesting. I'm 5 Large from buying one; but it IS interesting.

Claims from their site:

"The kit selling price is yet to be determined, but will be under $5000 and will cost between $40-$60 to ship depending on location.
The kit will be complete with EVERYTHING you will need for the installation, including 8 Denso spark plugs with a colder heat range. The boost level will be 6.5-7 PSI On the non-intercooled SEMA truck version we achieved 325 RWHP and 336 RW torque on a Dynojet dyno I expect the intercooled version to do better than that. That is 100 RWHP gain over stock!
The kit will use the MAP-ECU-2 for the engine control and it will be a plug and play installation. The fuel/timing maps will come pre-installed in the box."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts