Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my hands on a nice sc300 engine and want to drop it in an old supra, probably late 80s. i'm just wondering what car with what engine would be best for the swap. would it work if i bought a turbo n put the NA sc300 engine in there? thanks for the help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
just go cheap and get a n/a so u can save the money for the subframe , ecu , mechanic , transmission , driveline and so on and so forth. its not worth it if yer puttin a 2jz in it go tt or dont go at all. id go 1jztt better motor cept parts wise

·
Taco Tuesday!
1,604 Posts
true.. its a better motor.. but i ran into more articles bout the 2jz bein swapped into that supra chassis. but your questio nis what car.. im bettin on an first gen lex gs series (gs300 preferably cuz of the same engine), or if you really wanna go hardcore- get your hands on an mid 90's toyota chaser from japan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
actually no. the 1jz is very common because it is a stock motor optionfor the mkIII in japan. and i'm saying that a 2jz is shit compared to a 2jztt . its not worth the time and money to do the n/a versus the tt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts