Toyota Nation Forum banner

SC400 Just purchased 2 weeks ago

5K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  senator 
#1 ·
Just purchased a '92 SC400 in near perfect condition 179k mileage everything works, leather a bit worn on wheel due to cleaning with non leather cleaners..would like to replace if anyone has suggestions.

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice!! Katzkin, I heard, make good quality replacement leather for the sc400. I also have a '92 sc400 with an after market painmt job and have 164,000 miles on the car. The car still runs strong, quiet, and very smooth.

The sc's are well built cars so if well taken care of, you car will be really reliable. I hope you enjoy your sc, and you might wanna check out www.clublexus.com

Alot of valuable info on lexus vehicles there!!

#6 ·
Yes, those rims came with it 18s...just got some bad news from Lexus though...I had an intermitent hesitation (like not getting all cylinders or enough gas) and they said its the ECI? unit below glove box (brain for the car?) and its $1,100.00 WoW, I guess welcome to owning a Lexus!? Anyone else need this part? Is there an aftermarket and DIY??? Thanks all!:disappoin

#12 ·
92SC400 said:
Yes, those rims came with it 18s...just got some bad news from Lexus though...I had an intermitent hesitation (like not getting all cylinders or enough gas) and they said its the ECI? unit below glove box (brain for the car?) and its $1,100.00 WoW, I guess welcome to owning a Lexus!? Anyone else need this part? Is there an aftermarket and DIY??? Thanks all!:disappoin

probably not an aftermarket, and install could be a DIY project, but the car probably wont run right until you get it reprogrammed.

might as well do it at a dyno tune shop :thumbup:

#13 ·
Just checked Car-Part.com there are ECU's for as little as $100 for the SC400. It seems for your car it is located under the Passenger side seat. Should be a 15 to 20 min job to replace yourself.

#17 ·
Nice ride!
If you check out that clublexus.com forum, you'll find tons of info.
I'd call TAP auto recyling for a used ECU.
The nice part I found about getting a used lexus is that they've usually been well maintained;thousands spent keeping everything working/looking good.You can go to the dealer and get a printout of all the maintenance that's been done over the years.
I have around 150K on my '92 sc400, got it with 77K, since then I've replaced the suspension with Supra Twin Turbo parts(bolt on),new wheels/tires, ported the heads,dual exhaust,and tuned with a piggyback ECU.The car is now more fun to drive than any of my other cars, even the mid-engined ones.

#19 ·
awesome lexus dude! :thumbup: yeah, i was wondering how much you'd pay for it?

btw, love that porsche. :D standard, or Boxster S?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.