Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone else think that little circular headlight thing looks real nasty. It looks like a Integra headlight.

Cheap pic until i find a good one.

(Headlight) ( ) ========= ( ) (Headlight)
Ugly one^ Grill^ Ugly light^

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I see what you are saying too but the SC400 had the circular lights before the 3rd Gen Integra had it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
CamNub said:
Does anyone else think that little circular headlight thing looks real nasty. It looks like a Integra headlight.

Cheap pic until i find a good one.

(Headlight) ( ) ========= ( ) (Headlight)
Ugly one^ Grill^Ugly light^
Really? I think it looks pretty nice. W/O the high beam lights, I don't think the sc would look as nice!!

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I think it looks ok with it but it would have looked much better if they weren't round and somewhat match the shape of the headlight itself.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dna59 said:
I think it looks ok with it but it would have looked much better if they weren't round and somewhat match the shape of the headlight itself.
It just looks out of place to me.

And thanks TRDcamry2003 for the pic.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe i just don't like it cause im sick of integra ricers. And those headlights are just plain ugly. I can do w/ the "regular one" but not that circle.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,127 Posts
you must be stupid...:slap:

those are high beams on 92-96's, and DRL's on 97-2000's...

personally, the car NEEDS the circular lights...

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Razo-E said:
you must be stupid...:slap:

those are high beams on 92-96's, and DRL's on 97-2000's...

personally, the car NEEDS the circular lights...
Why didn't they just integrate it into the headlight then?

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,127 Posts
it's all about design, and when the SC300/400 came out, it looked like nothing else out there...

now, everyone's copying, from Mercedes, to Honda..

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
02RSX90camry said:
i think it wold look nice without it, but i think it looks fine with it too.

without it, it'd look very similar to a supra.
The supra look is fine. :thumbup:

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
not from a marketing perspective. if u're buying a lexus, would u want it to look just like a toyota?

it's the same reason the ES's get a bad rap, because tehy looked so similar to teh camry, and that's why the gen4 ES (gen5 camry) was changed so much, so that it doesn't look nearly as similar to the camry.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But you also wouldn't want it to be ugly just for it to be different....

I don't know why the hell integra used them....They are fricken ugly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I love the look of the SC400 ...

The Del Sol's headlights resemble the SC headlights completely, & the ST202 Celicas resemble the way that the hood is shaped with the curved sections 'surrounding' the headlights.

TRDCamry2003, thanks for the pics, by the way - I can't stop staring at the black SC. The black wheels look so nice on it, especially with the clean styled body kit & the drop that fits the tires so neatly into the wheel wells.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,127 Posts
movingviolation said:
I love the look of the SC400 ... it almost looks like a Celica, but actually more like a Honda Del Sol.

TRDCamry2003, thanks for the pics, by the way - I can't stop staring at the black SC. The black wheels look so nice on it, especially with the clean styled body kit & the drop that fits the tires so neatly into the wheel wells.

the front's a JIC magic front, and the Celica and Del Sol came out with their styles AFTER the SC....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts