Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Camry LE
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this might seem like a stoopid question, but i was wondering what you people think of the possibility of scion coming to Canada? i'm thinking that scion is in it's marketing stages right now, and if they are sucessful, the will expand, and possilby expand into canada???

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
that's ludicrous! that's like saying lexus will go global......wait a sec, they are, after 20 years!

but i guess since canada kinda is the same market, they might. We can always hope.

i think it's more likely that u guys might get the 8th gen celica, while we get the scions

·
Toy-Cel
618 Posts
I've got my fingers crossed that they will be released in Canada.
It would be silly of Toyota to not release an entire line-up in Canada, when they are doing well in the states!

On a side-note, saw a xb on Bathurst st in Toronto last week, had to cath up and drove behind him for a bit.

Damn they are small.... not much bigger than my T-cel, although quite a bit taller. Nice ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is one guy in montreal you got one from the states .

But I would that they will sell thoise here but the vp from SCION in California said they will not expend in Canada .

So like you said keep your finger cross.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just saw the scion commercial here in toronto tv!!! but it was on an american channel though :-S

·
Canadian Rust Rocket
13 Posts
Understand here please.

We would have to pay duty on the vehicle. Plus the cost of the vehicle, our trip down and back, along with our accomidations and food both ways. So lets take a look at the math here.

Car= $23051
3 Day Trip to closest scion dealer= $600 flight, gas, and food.
Hotel Accomidations= $200
Duty= $3458
Grand total= $27309

Plus any speeding tickets you get on the drive home. Plus you have to have a plate on it when you leave, and insurance. So it is quiet the bill for one of us Canuks to go down there and get a nice car even with a rich little mommy and daddy to bank roll our every little need and want. I'm here driving a little 90 toyota pickup which is the color of rust because my parents won't even co-sign a loan for me.

Must be easy to say for you guys.

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
Re: Understand here please.

stevrock said:
We would have to pay duty on the vehicle. Plus the cost of the vehicle, our trip down and back, along with our accomidations and food both ways. So lets take a look at the math here.

Car= $23051
3 Day Trip to closest scion dealer= $600 flight, gas, and food.
Hotel Accomidations= $200
Duty= $3458
Grand total= $27309

Plus any speeding tickets you get on the drive home. Plus you have to have a plate on it when you leave, and insurance. So it is quiet the bill for one of us Canuks to go down there and get a nice car even with a rich little mommy and daddy to bank roll our every little need and want. I'm here driving a little 90 toyota pickup which is the color of rust because my parents won't even co-sign a loan for me.

Must be easy to say for you guys.

ugh, that's 21,274.65 as of 11:09 09/22. i guess that is a bit much for the tC, for a little more, u could get an 05 RSX-S ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts