Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
04 Subaru STi
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Scion sales have hit a slump in the last 17 months, with a peak of 175,000 units sold in 2006, the youth-marketed brand's sales have dipped to 130,000 vehicles last year. The solution will likely come from three new vehicles to be released in the next few years. Scion's veep, Jack Hollis, told Automotive News in an interview during the Big Apple bash, that Scion is "studying two or three models in conceptual form right now." Unfortunately, one of those was the Hako Coupe concept that was unveiled in New York and was met with considerable backlash from attendees and those of you following the show from home (check the comments Scion).

While a two-door xB was the prototypical answer to a question no one asked, Hollis questioned (out loud) what products are in the pipeline. "Could it be a truck? A hybrid? An SUV? A subcompact roadster? We are not limiting our search." We'll answer those for you: no, maybe, no and Hell yes. The Scion rep said that the current 130,000 mark is good for the three "core" vehicles in its lineup, but products that are more niche oriented – comprising annual sales around 20,000 to 25,000 units a year – are being seriously considered. If that means more models aimed at enthusiasts, something that's been sorely lacking since the brand's introduction in 2003, then we're all for it. The rumors of a RWD, Subaru boxer-powered coupe are still swirling and that could be a serious hit if Scion decides to bring in Stateside.

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/24/scion-looking-to-expand-doubling-lineup/

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
Shit reminds me of a T bucket hot rod.

·
Procrastinating on TN
'93 Pickup
3,459 Posts
I know Toyota/Scion has been coming up with some spacy designs for cars lately, especially on the front ends, but this is by far the ugliest. :thumbsdow:barf:

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
Drop a turbocharged 2ZZ with a 6-speed and LSD and I'll buy it for my commute...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Make a Scion truck small like said before with a littl 4cyl like the old pickups and I think a lot would be all over it. I would be one for sure

·
My celica loves twistys.
1992 Toyota Paseo
659 Posts
get a small truck
like the old toyota pickups those things where tiny fuel efficient and fun to ride in and i imagine a blast to driver

get the toyobaru coupe in here as well

it fits perfect with what scion goes after

1 - 12 of 12 Posts