Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I called up my friend and asked him what he was doing, and he told me that he was at Poway Toyota looking at the tC. I was like "sh*t!? its out?" and he said "Yea, it just came out today, it was in the paper." So I went down there to check it out.

The one they had there was a blue automatic. Very nice. Walking around the car, it looked better then I had imagined. It does seem high up. Inside of the car is nice. The seat is height adjustable. It feels really sporty and comfortable. The instrument panel is really nice, I like how it lights up amber, it looks really nice. It doesn't look like theres a bulb behind it lighting it up, it looks like that that number itself is light up, I dunno hard to explain. I was impressed. The "vanity mirror" slides open, instead of just flipping up like a normal car.

The panorama moon roofs are pretty cool. The rear seats were very roomy, and theres cup holders in the back seats as well. The middle head rest is a nice touch. There isn't any fold down thing in the center to provide arm rests for the rear passengers.

The trunk was a bit of a dissapointment. However, I currently do not use my trunk at all... So I don't think that will be much of a problem in the future. From the looks of it, you can fit like 4 brief cases. 2 on 2. Not much room back there.

I put the hazards on for fun, and it looked pretty cool. The headlights, the inner amber part and the corner light light up, as well as the side markers (on the mirrors) and the rear tail lights light up red. The engine bay looks really tyte (as in close together).

After thinking about it, I'm going to get the tC. If I keep the Accord I have now and dont get the tC, it will have to last me for a long time, until I can afford a car of my own. If I get the tC, that will last me the whole time, and there wouldn't be much money to put into it for maintenance. Plus I would be covered by the warranty, which will take me through most of college.

Later this year I'm going to get a Gunmetal (or.. "Flint Mica") tC 5-spd, with wheel locks and the rear spoiler for a total of $16,909.

I really hate Scion and how they try to be MTV like and be hip and cool. I want to take off the badges/emblems but I thought it would be pointless and a waste of time, I just have to learn to live with it. I am not a fan of Scion, but I'm a fan of the tC and Toyota.

I feel really bad about leaving Honda, its like I'm turning my back on them. Not Honda the company, but Honda tuners, like on the forums and stuff. I'm really sad. I'll be happy when I get the tC, but I'll still miss my car. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dont feel bad man. I want to give up my GSX for the tC and an R6. The GSX is a great car and if anyone wants to go fast for cheap I would highly recomend it. I had huge plans for this car becuase it has so much potential, but I came to the realization that a bike will go way faster than the GSX. And like the being able to drive in style and comfort so tC here I come.

·
Resident slacker
2015 Highlander
558 Posts
I love this car.

I went down to the dealership on my lunch break yesterday to look at them (yesterday was their first day in). They had a grey-ish black (5 speed) one (quite a sexy color, very sparkly/shiny paint) and a silver one (automatic). The silver one had already sold.

Overall, the lines of the car are pretty enticing. I got my first look at the glass roof - it looks, eh, a little weird to me, from the outside. Cargo space in the hatch/trunk is pretty small. The fold-down seats in the back are a definite must-have for something with as little space as the tC has. The back reclining seats were pretty comfortable, and the driver's seat was pretty comfortable as well (I'm a pretty big guy, I usually have the seat in my Camry slid all the way back). The car I looked at had airbags out the yin-yang... driver/passenger frontals, driver knee, driver/frt passenger curtains, driver/frt passenger side (seats), rear passenger curtains...

I like the interior styling, with a couple of exceptions... The fold-up cover for the stereo is a little odd. Would take some getting used to for me. Also, I'm not quite sure what to think about the ricepaper-style dash/top of the doors. It's a little weird, but kinda cool at the same time. I wasn't horribly fond of the seating material. It was like some "sport" mesh-vinyl crap. Wasn't really diggin' it. Needs leather to complete the pimp interior stylings :D

Overall, cool car. If I wanted a little coupe to bomb around in, it'd be fun... Not as roomy as the Cam (obviously), but not too bad overall.

If I had some extra cash, I'd get one just for fun... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.