Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a Haley Toyota in Chesterfield, VA. I don't sell cars.

Scion tC came in on truck @ 06.24.04 5:45 pm

I got off at 6, went to check out the car in the backlot, and talk to the driver of the truck.

I don't drive a Toyota, but after sitting in the tC, I kinda like the car, best of the 3 Scions. I think the other 2 are kinda goofy looking.

Driver told me that they only sent out 1 tC in the initial run of the local dealerships around the area. I dunno if it's like that for all of VA, but he said one per dealership. I dunno if Priority Toyota, or McGeorge got more that 1, but Haley only has one.

I don't think the Azure Pearl(5 SPD)@ Haley has been sold, but I know it's been on a couple test drives already.

Just figured I would let people in the area looking for one know what's happening. If I get any more info, I'll try to post back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got here today (Sat.) and tC was sold. Took 1 day. :p

I expect them to be pretty hard to get a hold of for a while like when the PT Crusier and New Beetle first came out.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
They aren't suppose to sell the first one, that is supposed to be the demo that you have to keep for 120 days. If your dealer was smart they wouldn't have sold it and used it to gain interest in the tC and get deposits for them:slap:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, the Haley Toyota here in Roanoke, VA did the same darn thing...and apparently 3 other dealerships within 4 hours drive time of me.

To be honest, I'm not sure I can hold out on a car for almost another month JUST HOPING to get to test drive one out of the next batch. I'll have to start my car-searching again.......or take a road trip to a dealership that had enough sense to KEEP ONE!!!!

::Grrr::

·
Registered
37 Posts
OK, I have to give Haley Toyota (Roanoke, VA) some credit....

A tech that works there bought a tC and it arrived today. The salesman knew I've been wanting to see one for awhile (but wasn't thrilled about waiting another 3+ weeks) so he called me up at work to let me know it should be there until 8 tonight (when the guy gets off work and will be driving it home).

While they don't have one on-site for me to test drive, and I'm sure the tech would rather NOT let me drive his new car (who would?!? hehe), at least I'll be able to get up-close and personal with it.

I figured when I gave them my number and asked them to call me when one came in, that they'd just forget or decide not to do it...but thumbs up to them for following through!!!

Now if only I could get off work sooner.............

:D

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
I went to a scion dealership last week, asked them to call me for a tdrive. they told me they were getting THREE tc's in the first week, all of them had been pre-sold. As for t/drives, they took down my number. If the cars are selling like hot cakes, then why let people t/drive if your next week's inventory might be pre-sold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts