Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2010 TOYOTA RAV4
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all,
I am in need of help. does anyone know of a factory supercharger from trd that is avail. if so please let me know, i need a trd supercharger only. if not avail. does anyone know when it is coming out from trd.
thanks
:confused:

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
They say it's supposed to be available by november. It includes the vortech supercharger, higher flowing fuel injectors and an ecu reprogram. Definitly dealer installed.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
wow thats pretty nice injectors and ecu :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
trdcamry2003 said:
They say it's supposed to be available by november. It includes the vortech supercharger, higher flowing fuel injectors and an ecu reprogram. Definitly dealer installed.
Definitly dealer installed? How hard could it be to do by yourself?

Injectors....cake.
ECU....I think you would just swap the ECU out for a reprogramed one.
Supercharger....some bolts and a new belt.
DONE. :D

Anyone test one yet on a Tc?

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
It wouldn't be too hard. But why void your whole warranty to save a couple hundred dollars. And by purchasing a reprogrammed ecu you just defeated the purpose of saving the money you didn't spend on having the dealer do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
trdcamry2003 said:
It wouldn't be too hard. But why void your whole warranty to save a couple hundred dollars. And by purchasing a reprogrammed ecu you just defeated the purpose of saving the money you didn't spend on having the dealer do it.
Would it really void the warranty? You 100% sure. I mean it's a genuine Toyota product made for the car. Just for example: if my genuine Toyota oil filter caused my engine to blow (for what ever reason) in my new Scion would it not be covered under warranty because I installed it not the dealer. Same should be with the SC. Also does Toyota reprogram the ECU or do they "*reprogram*" it by just giving you a new one like many others do? If so, how do you know this?

·
Official Acura Troll
1,292 Posts
not sure on the last couple questions, but if u install your own TRD parts, it's only covered liek 6 months, instead of one yr or the remainder of factory warranty, whichever is longer.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
In the new Scion Magazine/Brochure, it list TRD options for the xA, xB, and tC. Says Supercharger for the tC. Does say Available Nov 2004!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
February folks. The supercharger has been pushed back to Feb:(
the dealer tests have shown 225 at the wheels, but expects they'll tune it down.
whatever they do, it better stay competitive with the rsx. one of the joys of this supercharger will be smoking the rsx at a comfortable 4500 rpm while they are winding away at 7000:p:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Supposedly most of the new options to be available have been put back 2 months or more by Scion... why? I think it's kind of lame considering they promise more options.

I'm waiting for the available Wing-type Spoiler... supp. coming late this year???

Anybody know about that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad you provided a link to pics of yout tC, ScionicXTC. When I order my tC, I was pretty sure I wanted the Indigo Ink Pearl; now I'm sure I do! :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
scion or cars of '06

hey since everyones talking about things to come, i have a quick ?. I am a reservist in the military and im getting activated and deployed and wont be able to get a new car till jan '06, do u think the scion will be a good car to get and mod around this time, or should i be looking at the cars of '06 ie, the new '06 eclipse?

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
tal said:
hey since everyones talking about things to come, i have a quick ?. I am a reservist in the military and im getting activated and deployed and wont be able to get a new car till jan '06, do u think the scion will be a good car to get and mod around this time, or should i be looking at the cars of '06 ie, the new '06 eclipse?
What car you got now?

·
Registered
4 Posts
right now i have a '01 ford focus with the basic mods, but its been giving me problems, i think the tranny is going out on me, i've pushed the poor car to the limit. lol

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Do you know how much longer until you deploy?
And where do you deploy to?

The TC will have lots of modding potential.
There are already like I believe a few Superchargers out. (Blitz, And the TRD one will be coming out too)
There will be lots of turbo's too. Greddy included.

Im sure the eclipse may get lots of stuff too, but holy crap. The parts for the TC seem to have boomed. So many big name company's have jumped on modding the TC.

The Tc will last you a lot longer for sure.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts