Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.insideline.com/toyota/ft-86/scion-to-sell-toyota-ft-86-in-2012.html
Scion dealers were told this week that they will sell the Toyota FT-86 in the U.S., according to media reports quoting dealer sources. The production version of the car reportedly will be unveiled next April at the 2011 New York Auto Show and will be priced in the U.S. from around $25,000. It may be marketed in 2012 under the name Scion FR-S. The FT-86, jointly developed with Subaru, was introduced in concept form a year ago at the Tokyo auto show. Widely known, somewhat pejoratively, as the "Toyobaru," the FT-86 will share its basic architecture with a Subaru companion, known internally as 216a, according to the Web site Toyobaru.net.
Toyobaru.net's report said the Subaru model may be sold only in Europe, while the Scion-badged FR-S is likely to be a U.S.-only model.
:thumbsup: :clap:Looks like this thing is going to be a reality afterall.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,731 Posts
Meh, I'd go for the 5.0 Mustang GT over this.

·
Tacoma Rocks
1,742 Posts
Yeah, pretty sure a Ford Taurus SHO will outperform it. :lol:
0-45 mph (sec.)3.9
0-60 mph (sec.)5.8
0-75 mph (sec.)8.7
1/4-mile (sec. @ mph)14.2 @ 99.1
0-60 with 1 foot of rollout (sec.)5.5
Braking, 30-0 mph (ft.)31
60-0 mph (ft.)127
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph)62.9
Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g)0.80

U sure? :D

·
Banned
0 Posts
0-45 mph (sec.)3.9
0-60 mph (sec.)5.8
0-75 mph (sec.)8.7
1/4-mile (sec. @ mph)14.2 @ 99.1
0-60 with 1 foot of rollout (sec.)5.5
Braking, 30-0 mph (ft.)31
60-0 mph (ft.)127
Slalom, 6 x 100 ft. (mph)62.9
Skid pad, 200-ft. diameter (lateral g)0.80

U sure? :D
What are these numbers for?

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
I don't think the Scion is aimed at the muscle cars. Or the Taurus SHO. From what I gathered its supposed to be different market. An "affordable" sports car with a 4 banger, lightweight and RWD. But who knows how true it will be once it gets to the market. I think its already priced out of Scion market, but we'll have to see the specs.

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
honestly....

they are badging it as a fckn scion?

wow. Wow Toyota. wow. I seriously had hope you'd guys bring back the sport image to Toyota. Not scion dammit.

You wanna do something for scion? quit making them ugly and impractical.

Bring the Toyota and Subaru version over, and i'm sure things will be better. None of that scion shit. seriously.

who the hell chose to sell these as scions?!

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts

Badging it as a Scion is a recipe for disaster. :facepalm:

When will Toyota learn? Scion has done absolutely nothing for Toyota. Yes, it did create a niche market for people who are looking for cheap, affordable cars with compact dimensions especially for the college going crowd. However, it never went beyond that in the odd 6 years of Scion existence.

However, what initially highly publicized reason to bring Scion was to give a stepping stone for college-going crowd to buy Toyotas, which clearly never happened. Most likely, people end up selling/trading their Scions for Honda SI, BMWs or whatever else have you.

Case in point, the age demographics for Toyota are now worse than ever. If anything, Toyota needs some youthful spirit in the line up with some spunky cars. Alas, this only confirms that might not happen.

honestly....

they are badging it as a fckn scion?

wow. Wow Toyota. wow. I seriously had hope you'd guys bring back the sport image to Toyota. Not scion dammit.

You wanna do something for scion? quit making them ugly and impractical.

Bring the Toyota and Subaru version over, and i'm sure things will be better. None of that scion shit. seriously.

who the hell chose to sell these as scions?!

·
1MZ powered MR2
1991 MR2
1,065 Posts
If anything, it'll give Scion a dose of style.

There isn't too much Toyota can modify without adding cost. So it'll likely just be a Scion spec front and rear bumper and maybe the hood and trunk. Of course, the lights might also see some revising.

Those can always be replaced.

I won't pre-judge it until I see it. If it's ugly, it's doomed.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I don't think the Scion is aimed at the muscle cars. Or the Taurus SHO. From what I gathered its supposed to be different market. An "affordable" sports car with a 4 banger, lightweight and RWD. But who knows how true it will be once it gets to the market. I think its already priced out of Scion market, but we'll have to see the specs.
IOW, a "sporty econobox"......:lame:

·
Sweet n' Lowdown
2006 Scion tC
16,189 Posts
I'm sorry, I know I'm an Admin and I'm not supposed to say stuff like this but you guys are fcuking morons. You're Toyota fanboys but you can't stand Scion. Why, because you say they're ugly ... name one current Toyota that looks any better than a tC. IMO, if the Scions were badged as Toyotas and the tC was called the Celica you'd be jerking off to it in every post. I'm getting sick of hearing everyone (a specific few, repeatedly, in every thread) knock Scion and say they have no interest in the FR-S because its gonna be one. Get over yourselves. Thats like saying, 'she'd be smokin hot if only she wasn't of [insert your own local ethnic minority] descent'.

I'm fcukin blown away that TMC hasn't hired you to save their failing marketing dept. [/sarcasm]

The joke is that most of the bashers wouldn't think twice about a Genesis Coupe ... I'm not knocking Hyundai but c'mon, you'd give up Toyota reliability just because its called Scion???

:rolleyes: :facepalm: :headbang:

:rant:

Vmax, zembones ... I exclude you from my rant. You guys have other obvious "domestic" deficiencies which don't allow you to see clearly.
;) j/k

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
I'm sorry, I know I'm an Admin and I'm not supposed to say stuff this but you guys are fcuking morons. You're Toyota fanboys but you can't stand Scion. Why, because you say they're ugly ... name one current Toyota that looks any better than a tC. IMO, if the Scions were badged as Toyotas and the tC was called the Celica you'd be jerking off to it in every post. I'm getting sick of hearing everyone (a specific few, repeatedly, in every thread) say they have no interest in the FR-S because its gonna be a Scion. Get over yourselves. Thats like saying, 'she'd be smokin hot if only she wasn't of [insert your own local ethnic minority] descent'.

I'm fcukin blown away that TMC hasn't hired you to save their failing marketing dept. [/sarcasm]

The joke is that most of the bashers wouldn't think twice about a Genesis Coupe ... I'm not knocking Hyundai but c'mon, you'd give up Toyota reliability just because its called Scion???

:rolleyes: :facepalm: :headbang:

:rant:
Well played and SOOOO true. :clap::clap::clap:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts