Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that the Xb is not recommended for towing but can someone tell me what the maximum towing capacity for this car is? I love the looks of this car but I needed something that could tow about 1,000 lbs. or less.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ANY car can tow short of a Smart Car.

There are more than a few people with tow hitches installed who tow with the xB on Scion Life. 1000 pounds or less should be no problem. The car itself as a cargo capacity of almost 1000 lbs, which is huge for a car like that.

The xB can barely move itself? 0-60 is 9.0 seconds with the 5 speed manual.

Check Edmunds.com road test, that is their official number. The automatic is what is usually tested. Those are closer to 10.5 seconds.

Either way, 9.0 seconds is not bad at all. It's about average actually, about the same as any other car in its class and better than many SUV's.

WTF do you want for $14,000?

It's a ridiculous and unfair exaggeration to say it can barely move itself. Nothing else for the price is much faster and mine does just fine on hills, even with a full load of passengers and the air conditioning on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scion xb towing

What's going on with the negative comments. I have an 2008 xb that will pass any car on the Interstate except the crazy people. With 81000 miles it runs perfect and I pull a 5x8 trailer caring all kinds of stuff and it does NOT bog down. 1000 is very reasonable but I would not pull anything heavier. :Bruce:

·
Registered
586 Posts
What's going on with the negative comments. I have an 2008 xb that will pass any car on the Interstate except the crazy people. With 81000 miles it runs perfect and I pull a 5x8 trailer caring all kinds of stuff and it does NOT bog down. 1000 is very reasonable but I would not pull anything heavier. :Bruce:
Check the thread dates brother....the xb they're talking about has a 1.5l engine not the 2.4l that you have. COmpletely different car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not much knowledge on here

We purchased a 2006 xB with 54k on it second hand. It has been a great vehicle. I have passed vehicles very easy on the Interstate. I loaded it down with 3 window air conditioning units when our central went out. Didnt feel like anything was back there. I have seen load boosters for this model xB for an extra 1000 lbs and I am fixing to put a tow hitch on it and pull a 1500 lb boat. Wife has new vehicle so I park my Ram truck and commute on its 3o MPG. 10 gals a month is not bad at all. Most vehicles are limited by thier weight. Had an Izuzu trooper that pulled out vehicles on the beach and sometimes I had to put people in it to have enough weight to pull out like an small RV. But pulled a 16 foot trailer with my tractor to the deer lease every month. Check the recommeded tow on an xB site or dont go over weight of vehicle. Suggestions from people who never used one is useless. Do what you can and good luck.
Danny J

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats what I was wondering? For the size/ cost Xb is an awesome little work horse. I have 2nd gen.2013 thats has changed a few minds once the capability was realized.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts