Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
It depends. Some vehicles have harder glass than others. I have had luck polishing scratches out of side windows, but the windshield is harder. You certainly need a buffer. A rotary buffer would be best.

I used heavy cut polish and chrome polish. Chrome polish is great on glass, even if it doesn't have scratches.

This is a scratch that I repaired after my truck was in a fender bender with a street sign.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1209627&postcount=60

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
i got minor little scratches on the drivers side window from the rubber at the bottom of the window....u think i can buff them out with a buffer?

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I was able to. Give it a try. Put the buffer on high speed and put some pressure on it.

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
ok i only got a drill...i wonder if i put my buffer pad on an electric drill if that would be enough rpms to buff them out....they r so light...but i hope they come out tomorrow

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
You can give it a try. Start the drill out slow so that the polish doesn't sling all over, then speed up the drill to High and really work it in for several minutes. Keep repeating until the scratches are gone.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Wax won't really help scratches. You need to polish them. Polish is like very fine liquid sand paper. You're basically sanding the glass down until the scratch is gone.

Wax is good for cleaning windows though. It will also help them roll up and down easier.

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
i tried with my buffer pad and drill....i used nufisnish scratch doctor but i was pretty much insuccessful

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Can you get a more agressive polish? How fast is your drill? Did you really work it? Make the buffer pad get hot.

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
my drill is 1200rpms....i tried meguiars scratch x and nufinish scratch doctor...what else could i use?

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Chrome polish is real agressive. That's what I use on glass.

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
ok any kinds i can grab off the shelf? and do u think 1200 rpms is fast enough?

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Yeah that's fast enough. Mothers, TurtleWax. Most any liquid chrome polish will work. Don't use aluminum polish. It's not the same thing.

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
ok im gonna go and buy some chrome polish and then try again...thanks alot pb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts