Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
PSA... Highlanders are CUV's not SUV's...
Whatever, I can say from my own experience the term crossover came into being after the introduction of the original rav4 and even after the first Ben highlander, other earlier vehicles had "suv" type characteristics built with uni body did not have the CUV designation. What I remember it started with those vehicles like the Nissan murano and ford edge that really blurred the lines between suv and car. The rav4 only became crossover like with the 4 th gen, when that very SUV type opening tailgate was ditched, the 2nd gen HL still looked SUV like and the 3rd gen maybe is more crossover like. The term has been developing since it was first introduced
https://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-models/crossover-cars/term-crossover-vehicle.htm

·
Gman_yota
‘14 Corolla S
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
SUV = Body on Frame
CUV = Unibody
Fine.
Now, can we get back to the topic at hand?
I really don’t care about any other aspect of this vehicle other than:

HANDLING on the HIGHLANDER SE..
This is what the OP (Me) originally posted about! Not interested in anything else. If any of you wish to discuss other topics, then please feel free to start your own thread instead of sabotaging this one.

H A N D L I N G on the SE

·
Registered
669 Posts
Fine.

This is what the OP (Me) originally posted about! Not interested in anything else. If any of you wish to discuss other topics, then please feel free to start your own thread instead of sabotaging this one.

The OP should go and buy one and find out about the handling for themselves, even an owner of one can only give their opinion of handling and not necessarily what the OP thinks is good handling. I can say where I am in a city of 1 million population, I see a lot of 3rd gen highlanders, mostly XLE, limited and some LE and have seen very few SE.( the black grill in my opinion is rather boring.)It is not a vehicle one buys for handling, but go right ahead and buy one for handling and then complain on here about it afterwards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Fine.

I have a 2018 SE. It handles absolutely fine. I’ve definitely grown to enjoy driving it. A bit stiffer suspension than the other models, but nothing crazy different. Coming from mostly sports cars, this is my first “family vehicle.” I still blast down the freeways and corners pretty quickly and it does the job wonderfully. Obviously, not as nimble as a sports car, but it does well for what it is. I also enjoy the few extra “upgrades” that make it different from the other trims. Just my 2 cents

·
Gman_yota
‘14 Corolla S
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I have a 2018 SE. It handles absolutely fine. I’ve definitely grown to enjoy driving it. A bit stiffer suspension than the other models, but nothing crazy different. Coming from mostly sports cars, this is my first “family vehicle.” I still blast down the freeways and corners pretty quickly and it does the job wonderfully. Obviously, not as nimble as a sports car, but it does well for what it is. I also enjoy the few extra “upgrades” that make it different from the other trims. Just my 2 cents
Thanks Dragonzspirit! Exactly the type of commentary/experience I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 - 48 of 48 Posts