Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Inveterate Tinkerer
2014 Avalon Limited
1,087 Posts
Has Anybody Tried This Product I Have Been Hearing Such Good Things About, It Is Called Seafoam?
Seafoam has been around for decades. It is VERY popular with motorcyclists due primarily to it's multi-tasking abilities. Seafoam is a fuel stabilizer which is great for machinery that spends a lot of time in storage, is a good carbon buster (v-twin engines tend to build a lot of carbon because riders lug the daylights out of them) and it's a fuel system cleaner so keeps jets and injectors clean.

Your car has little problem with any of those things. It probably gets near daily use so fuel is always fresh, unless you have a stick shift or allow your automatic to shift into overdrive at 45 mph on a regular basis you probably don't lug the engine and name band gasoline has plenty of detergent properties to keep injectors clean.

Bottom line, while SeaFoam (or any other additive) won't hurt, it probably isn't necessary. That said, I run a can in a tank with every oil change in my bike and the Solara

Cheers

·
COREY SE
TOYOTA SOLARA SE
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Hey Gadgetjq, Thanks For The Response So Fast. I Do Drive My Car Everyday,and I Do Alot Of Preventive Maintenance To Keep The Car Running In Tip Top Shape. So If For Anything From What Your Telling Me It Can Not Hurt,thanks Again,corey

·
Boss Honky
2,703 Posts
Just don't use the seafoam in your garage... use it outside. The smoke that will come from your exhaust will most likely be very dense.

·
Registered
2000 Camry
258 Posts
It doesn't hurt, but don't expect miracles
After seafoaming my camry, I saw minor boosts in throttle response, though anything is better than nothing, right?

·
Inveterate Tinkerer
2014 Avalon Limited
1,087 Posts
Just don't use the seafoam in your garage... use it outside. The smoke that will come from your exhaust will most likely be very dense.
Yesca,

I suspect you're thinking about "Deep Creep" which is essentially Seafoam in a spray can. It's sprayed directly into the throttle body or carb throat until the engine stalls. On restart (15 minutes later) the cloud is, as you mention, very thick.

Seafoam, on the other hand, is poured into the gas tank. It acts as a cleaner as the engine is running and doesn't produce any smoke from the exhaust at all.

I mention this only so the original poster won't be confused and think he'll be trailing a huge exhaust plume as he drives.

Cheers

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,072 Posts
You can suck seafoam into the intake via any vacuum port as well. I have done that in the past, but use water only for cleaning the combustion chamber now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts