Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was just wondering what a gen3 could do in the 1/4 with a slightly modded 3sgte sitting in the engine bay.

all i see is HP numbers, but it seems no one ever takes it to the drag to see what it can do.

any rough ideas what a sedan could do out there? i'd like to build a project car like this because i have a guy who could swap it.

but i wouldn't wanna do a near-stock swap unless i could realistically get into 14's with it. and into the 13's with some minor upgrades (bigger piping and maybe a larger trim turbo and front mount)

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha it looks like no one's ever taken their cars to the drag.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
you guys are only 4 years late.. hit up justin AKA WRAITH

his fastest time was a 13.9
at pomona if im not mistaken..

·
Camry Under Construction
668 Posts
damn that is fast as hell for a gen 3 camry or for any camry for that matter i'd love to go 13.9

·
Registered
Toyota Camry 94
733 Posts
Wraith ran with a GT30. I took mine to the track, and it was just sucked. Open diff, high tire pressure, over 100 degrees in August, 90% humidity, detonating, and a dying turbo, and I ran a 14.5 ish, at 103 I think. That was with a 46 trim CT26, starion FMIC, upped boost, right arond 250fwhp.

I've got all sorts of new stuff now, so hopefully I can do better, especially with my awful 2.3 60 foot times. :ugh3:

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
guys seem to be doing well on it. Im very interested in when Wraith's camry is done :) andwhen swegyptian runs his again.

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
Zandro said:
there is a video of a 3S-GTE camry on streetfire, just look around
and you will fint it, dont remember the time it got

the 3S-GTE vids with a gold camry is mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts