Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 DBL cab and the drivers side seat belt makes a clicking noise while your wearing it. I am not having any luck searching old messages in this forum. I am new to Toyota Nation and not very good at getting around in here. Any help?

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I can't remember seeing a thread on this topic before.

Can you describe it better? Where is the clicking coming from, how often, how loud, have you changed anything on your truck, like seat covers, etc, anything that can help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sound is coming from the latch. Its a slight clicking while there is tension on it, when I give the belt some slack it stops.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 07 DBL cab and the drivers side seat belt makes a clicking noise while your wearing it. I am not having any luck searching old messages in this forum. I am new to Toyota Nation and not very good at getting around in here. Any help?
I hear this annoying noise coming from my seatbelt latch too. It sounds to me like the plastic around the latch is making this creaking noise. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet, but I suspect a little shot of lubrication in there should take care of it. I'm gonna try to pinpoint the source of the noise this afternoon :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
The seat belt latch exists as a unit, so I don't think you will find an exploded view of it. There are wires and switches in there to indicate you've been a good boy and put your seat belt on.

Other than that, I suspect is metal on plastic rubbing as you are pulling the seat belt around with your weight. Since tension is a requirement: Does it click when the vehicle is stationary, or only while moving? If only while moving, does it click with the vehicle stationary and you moving about in the seat with the seat belt fastened.? How about you out of the seat, seat belt fastened, and pulling on the belt. Almost all these scenarios make me think internal rubbing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I have decided its not the seat belt latch. Its somewhere around the console. Sorry for the mistake. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that the creaking sound I mentioned actually WAS coming from the seatbelt latch. I removed the black clip from the bottom that houses the mechanism that senses whether or not the seatbelt is latched and the noise went away. I think the plastic from the black connector was rubbing up against the plastic covering the rest of the latch.

I put the connector back on and haven't heard the noise since, but if it comes back I'll either use a thin film of grease or some small felt strips between the connector and the rest of the latch assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts