Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have experience with seat covers for the front seats of the Highlander? Specific ones that you have tried and work well. Do the Costco sheepskin covers work?

·
7,785 Posts
I too have the wetsuit material. I used CoverKing, but I would not buy it from them again, as they are a crappy company to deal with, and with inferior product.

The wetokole I have heard great things about, and likely a better fit.

·
Registered
377 Posts
i ordered the Caltrend "Duraplus" front seat covers from Carid. They fit like a glove and are two-tone, black with gray inserts and black headrest. They are waterproof and stains come off easily with a damp rag. They are very good quality and a bargain at $149.00 US.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Does anybody have experience with seat covers for the front seats of the Highlander? Specific ones that you have tried and work well. Do the Costco sheepskin covers work?
FWIW..Today don't know, but sometime ago I put cco sheepskin covers on front leather seats on previous ride. Gave alittle more comfort, but also made seats abit cooler in summer. They held up fairly well over the years. But...

I upgraded type ss cover used on my HL. Cost alot more, thicker vs my old cco covers. One piece (not pieces sewn together) if that matters & has cut out for side air bag. I did put 1 1/2" dense form under covers=more comfort. You can goog ss covers on pros/cons. My local cco didn't have ss covers at time I wanted, but had they & ones to fit my HL I probably would have got um there.

·
7,785 Posts
I'm not too happy with the look of fluffy ss(sheepskin) covers, but they sure do keep cooler than leather or cloth. I wonder if low pile short hair would have the same effect? The neoprene that wetokole and the one I have are warm in the summer, particularly on long rides, but not scorching hot like the leather.

Those canvas ones look nice, and they protect pretty good from wear. *But at first I was not sure about liquids. They are actually 100% repellent.
If that was an issue. Would love to see some pictures of it Franco.

. I did have this concern for the kids in rear, and I put neoprene on those. Maybe in a year or so, they can handle their liquor in the back and I'll take it off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was having a tough time finding the vehicle I wanted in my area along w/ a good deal. Had to settle for a platinum that came w/ beige seat covers/leather. Wanted the black as I have 3 kids and they play sports on turf fields so there's little black rubber dots everywhere...

The light seat color is going to get ruined if I don't do something... Was looking at the covers. What about the vented seats I have? The front seats blow cool air which was one of the main reasons for our upgrade to platinum. I'm assuming there's no way the air is going to blow through these covers, especially if they are waterproof...

The rear seats don't have blowers, but most of these cover sets include all 6 seats for the price...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was having a tough time finding the vehicle I wanted in my area along w/ a good deal. Had to settle for a platinum that came w/ beige seat covers/leather. Wanted the black as I have 3 kids and they play sports on turf fields so there's little black rubber dots everywhere...

The light seat color is going to get ruined if I don't do something... Was looking at the covers. What about the vented seats I have? The front seats blow cool air which was one of the main reasons for our upgrade to platinum. I'm assuming there's no way the air is going to blow through these covers, especially if they are waterproof...

The rear seats don't have blowers, but most of these cover sets include all 6 seats for the price...

I have a Limited 2016 - not platinum, but also comes with the heated/ventilated seats. No way is air going to move through a covered seat. Either frequent cleaning, or cover the seats and don't turn on the seat ventilation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased a 2019 Highlander Platinum, I'd be interested in reading what people have to say about www.seatcoversunlimited.com the web page seems to have a good number of seat layout options for a cover with a good fit. Does anyone have experience with them? I'm in the market for covers in all three rows.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Have you looked at the Covercraft seat covers (also the maker of the (unique Sun Shade custom fit each model)? Amazon, Autoanything and other online stores carry this brand. Personally, I have this brand of seat covers for my daughter's Subaru (she carries her stuff back and forth between semesters, pretty harsh of those seats) they fit well, have the right openings for air bags, seat belt access and so far pretty durable.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I wonder with OEM leather seats, if people use seat covers, how often do they take the seat covers off to condition the OEM leathers or if at all?

In my previous post, I put seat covers in my daughter's car only because her car has the OEM velour seats...

·
7,785 Posts
Leather seats these days are much more forgiving than 10 or 20 years ago. I doubt you'd need to condition them for a decade. I have not for 5 years.

First couple years I had the neoprene covers, and i took them off. I do prefer cloth. But if you have messy kids doing all kids of havoc, its worth having,

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently purchased a 2019 Highlander Platinum, I'd be interested in reading what people have to say about www.seatcoversunlimited.com the web page seems to have a good number of seat layout options for a cover with a good fit. Does anyone have experience with them? I'm in the market for covers in all three rows.
Did you order them?

I was looking at the same thing.

Leather holds up nice, doesn't track dog fur (Four dogs, white, red, black all Golden Retrievers or mixes).

The catch is the leather is hot. My 2018 Ford had perforated seats, which the dealer said they could do for $2800. Nope, not doing that. Upholstery shops can change out the center panels to the perforated leather.

I had sheepskin in my old FJ60 which made a difference in both hot and cold weather.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Clazzio seat covers. Fits like a glove. I also have Coverking, very thick padding but doesn't fit well and are very loose .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts