Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i have an 06 dbl cab, sport & tow

I purchased the Seat covers mainly because workin gin construction, you can get many different things on your seats. PLus i liked the look in all the pictures i saw on the net.

When i opened up the box, i was suprised to find that the middle section, is not infact the "neopreme" like material, but infact a hard plastic. OK i thought, well they still look good, so lets try them out.

I put the drivers side cover on, and man that sucks to get on. I still dont have it really tight, but i gave up and left it becasue i was freezing after the time i spent.

So today its abou t -15 out side. I went for a drive, and well i think im taking the cover off as soon as i have time. WHy? They are COLD as heck. The center rubber part sucks. IF it was made of the neopreme... it would be WAY better. But instead its hard rubber.

Plus the rubber is not nearly as soft as the neopreme.

I Think im gonna take them off and store them untill summer. Maybe in the warmer weather they will be more practical.

Too bad. I liked the look, and was expecting soft neopreme. not a cheapy looking hard plastic part the covers 75% of the seat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting... the covers LOOK like they'd be a soft/spongy material. I actually thought they'd be too "sticky" and rubbery feeling, not hard like plastic.

BTW - it's "neoprene" with an "n". (Spelling police, hard at work) :D

·
Registered
06 Taco, DC 4x4
24 Posts
Activator said:
Interesting... the covers LOOK like they'd be a soft/spongy material. I actually thought they'd be too "sticky" and rubbery feeling, not hard like plastic.

BTW - it's "neoprene" with an "n". (Spelling police, hard at work) :D
Actually, the "rubber" part stays fairly flexible (even at -20), but it's like sitting on a plastic seat when it's cold. Clearly these were designed for warmer places than Saskatchewan! I'm thinking of ripping mine out and putting on some sheepskins for the winter. I think the TRD's will be great for warmer weather though....

·
Registered
308 Posts
I get pretty filthy when working too. I was really thinking of getting the TRD seat covers since they look better than most (all seat covers look cheap in my opinion). I didnt' realize the center section was so cruddy. Thanks for posting this up. It really doesn't look that way in the pictures.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
i like the seat covers. Very durable and well made.

The seat covers are only cold if you drive around naked, or with shorts on. :eek:

I prefer to drive fully clothed. ;)

BTW, if you haven't read this already: Use a wooden dowel or hammer handle to push those tubes down into the crack of the seat. Also try: Reclining the seat, push the tubes in there, then bring the seat back upright and push the tubes some more.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I drove for 20-25 mins last night, and didnt leave the seat, and my ass was still frozen when i got home, and i was wearign sweat pants.

To be honest, im realyl dissapointed. The descriptions online are not accurate IMO.

·
Registered
2005 X-Runner (Black
188 Posts
I expected more neoprene as well. The covers for my moms Element have less of that rubber shit on them. I think it's there to hold you in the seat when cornering. But it's cold in the winter and gives you swamp ass in the summer.

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
I don't have any problems with my TRD sport seatcovers. I think they look great, feel great, and everyone compliments their look and their comfort. Yeah, I think the only way you can feel the coldness on that black rubber part is if you have shorts on, (or if you drive naked:eek: !!!!) HAHAHA!!!!
Well, sorry you had a bad experience with them. The first person I've heard say so. Maybe they will be better in the summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.