Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm putting exact fit seat covers on my mom's venza, and need to remove the rear bottom seat cushions, does anybody know how to do that? like where to pull up etc?
thanks

·
2019 Highlander LE AWD V6
183 Posts
Hi, I'm putting exact fit seat covers on my mom's venza, and need to remove the rear bottom seat cushions, does anybody know how to do that? like where to pull up etc?
thanks
When buying seat covers for the Venza, don't forget that the Venza has air bags in the seat backs. So the Venza needs special covers that are designed to work with the airbag. Regular seat covers are not designed/made to do this.

John

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i understand i believe she actually bought them through toyota, they were like 400$ but they want 100$ to put them on so im doing it

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Clazzio seat cover install

Hey everyone....

One thing I really wish I got when I bought my Venza was leather seats...... at the time of buying it though, the only Blizzard White with Panoramic I could find had cloth, so decided that I thought I could live with cloth.... I was wrong.. thankfully after doing a lot of research I settled on using a seller on eBay (username: VIPSeatCovers.com) that sold "Clazzio" seat covers....

I requested some samples in black and tan, the black would have worked, but I thought about the heat aspect of living here in South Florida, so I was leaning towards going with the tan *as long* as it was a close match.... when I got the samples, the tan wasn't close enough for my tastes....

Talking to the eBay seller he offered some custom made ones that would use both black and tan, with the thinking that the black would help alleviate the differences between the tan they had and the tan of Toyota..

He was right! I made the order and 10 weeks (uggh) later I got them in..... the instructions said "two hours" and I thought that it had to be easier than that.... boy was I wrong, two hours later me and a buddy completed just the front seats..... I blame the directions on this as either they were super vague, had bad pictures, or made it out to be so easy.... whatever though, I think they came out great....

Here are some pics, I still have some adjustments to make on the seat bottoms to get them tighter.... I'll tackle that this weekend when I go to put the rear seat covers on

What I got ($400 btw)

Before:

Front Seats:

·
Registered
21 Posts
They look great. Are there a lot of wrinkles? I notice some on the chairs. How much did they set you back? Are you planning to do the backseats as well?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That is really a cool look with the matching contrast to the rest of the interior! (Take a look at all the pics & you'll see how the 2-tone matches the entirety of the interior)

And it looks like you did get the back done, eh? The last pic looks like the center arm rest is wrapped in black at the portion that can be seen just beyond the cupholder lid.

I still can't get over that great matching contrast. (Is that an oxymoron?) :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
wow nice work.. any concern about these impacting the side airbags?

Shame you miss out on the heated seats though... I wasn't sure I wanted leather or not.. it was a $1800 difference for me.. but I really enjoy heated seats... and since we have a young child we went with the leather.

It looks great though for aftermarket.

edit... just saw you are in Florida... lol so heated seats won't be needed! :)

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
And it looks like you did get the back done, eh? The last pic looks like the center arm rest is wrapped in black at the portion that can be seen just beyond the cupholder lid
hah, good eye...

i did knock that part out the other night too... since it was easy :)

cup holder is still fully functional as the cover tucks in around that part

·
Siennaclub.org refugee
41 Posts
Venza seat cover suggestions?manufacturer and source? help urgently needed!

Hi all:

After hearing that my lovely 7year old put her grubby feet up on the back of our 2 week old Venza's seats I got serious about looking for seatcovers.

My wife's not particularly impressed by seatcovers, so I've got to make sure that they look nice.

So, any sources/recommendations would be appreciated. I'm in Canada so my options appear to be limited, but I'm leaning towards GT Covers. I'm even thinking the ENDURA fabric rather than velour.

Any comments on GT Covers, or other suggestions?

And any thoughts on ENDURA?

I'm going to be travelling to Californa 3rd week of Jan 2012 and should be able to have the covers shipped to my hotel (avoiding customs, etc). So, got to make a decision soon,...

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered a set of velour front seat covers from GT Covers for my 2009 Venza last week. It will probably be another week before I receive them. I will post a review after I get them installed.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts

·
Siennaclub.org refugee
41 Posts
thanks... i'm currently leaning toward microfiber from GT. think they'd look nice and wear well.

·
Venzzzzza
55 Posts
What's your budget ?
Clazzio seats are simply the best I saw so far, great price, lots of choices and looks like oem.
I had them in my Scion XB and everytime someone looked at my car they thought they were factory seats, I had leather option btw.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I used an eBay seller (VIPCovers.com) to get a set of leather Clazzio custom fit covers)

this is how they came out:

a little loose on the seat bottoms, but the fit is an 8.5 out of 10 in my book... i'm very happy with them

vipcovers.com comes up as an awning shop for me and nothing on ebay. Do you have a link, or would you let us know the cost?

Sorry, I didn't see you other post http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/152-venza-forum/399662-clazzio-seat-cover-install.html#post3734745
It's vipseatcovers.com and $400. Looks very nice!

·
Siennaclub.org refugee
41 Posts
What's your budget ?
Clazzio seats are simply the best I saw so far, great price, lots of choices and looks like oem.
I had them in my Scion XB and everytime someone looked at my car they thought they were factory seats, I had leather option btw.
up to about $400 for both rows. think i'm going microfiber

·
Registered
49 Posts
up to about $400 for both rows. think i'm going microfiber
Just finished installing the GT Covers Ivory Velour front seat covers on my 2009 Venza. The fit and quality is outstanding! The Ivory Velour (color code S2) matches my original ivory fabric interior very well. This fabric is only available in their Overstock Velour selection but is $160 delivered which is $20 less than their standard velour. The installation was not too difficult. The worst part was fishing the seat bottom straps under the drivers seat and trying to miss all the wiring. GT Covers even included covers for the headrests and armrest. I am very pleased with my purchase and highly recommend GT Covers.

·
Siennaclub.org refugee
41 Posts
when you installed the upper portion of the seat covers, the seat back, did you 'tuck' it underneath, that is, through the gap between the upper seatback and the lower cushion (the one you sit on)? if so, did it join up?

thanks

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
19 Participants
DaTruth
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing