Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here and would appreciate any help. I have a 2005 Solara (27,000 miles) with heated seats that only come on for about 1 minute every 10 minutes. They also do not begin to heat until warm air begins to blow from the heater. I tried 3 other Toyotas, and their seats all began to heat within 20 seconds and they all heated every 2 minutes for 2 minutes- basically, as soon as the seats began to cool they would heat up again. Also, I just had the battery replaced because it tested marginal. Is it possible that there is a loose wire/relay problem somewhere that would affect either/or the heated seats/battery? I don't understand why I would need a battery so soon nor why my seats don't work nearly as well as the other Toyotas I have tried. Suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks,

·
Inveterate Tinkerer
2014 Avalon Limited
1,087 Posts
The wiring diagram shows each seat with its own thermostat.

Have you tried the passenger seat to see if it cycles the same way? If it's more normal then maybe it's just the thermostat in your drivers seat.

The troubleshooting portion of the manual doesn't deal with the heater turning on/off too frequently, only with seats that do or don't heat or those that overheat (failed thermostat).

Cheers,
Gadget

1 - 2 of 2 Posts