Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a slightly used 2018 Corolla im and it appears to have manual driver seat adjustment. But I cannot seem to make it work using the indicated lever. Has anyone had experience in using that? Do you have to move something else on the seat before it will work? I have tried moving the lever up and down with no apparent effect. Thanks for any advice or suggestions on how to do this properly.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
The height adjuster is a lever. Push down to raise it. To lower it, pull up. It's a ratchet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this. Do you mean as a ratchet you pull multiple times in the direction you want until it changes? Front seat seems not too far from where it needs to be but too bad you cannot adjust the back seats as the backseat headroom is so much lower than our old Matrix. We are very worried we made the wrong choice of car for a family with growing young men though we love almost everything else about it.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Yes.ratchet until the desired height.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,311 Posts
It's very simple to use. Every Toyota seat that is manual that I have with height adjustment uses this same method.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Is it a knob or a lever?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In ours it is a lever. I see no effect whatsoever. As it is under factory warranty, will get them to check it when next in for maintenance. Thanks for your suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts