Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Take it to your dealer. They will turn it off for you. Don't let them tell you that they can't because of some federal law thing. If you read your manual it does indicate that it can be turned off.
I had to pull out my manual and prove it to them. Once they saw that they turned it off without a problem.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Help!

Chitty: can you be more specific. Where in the '07 Camray manual does it say the seat belt chimes can be disconnected? My dealer says they can not. These things are driving me bananas! Even some groceries on the passenger seat sets the damn things off!!

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
ah, time for the monthly new newbie seatbelt warning chime thread.............

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
carioca said:
Ah! Does that mean you have the magic solution? Boy! Would I appreciate it!!
Well, I can read the owners manual (pg 149) or use the forum search engine.......

Just like magic.

·
I do all my own stunts
561 Posts
It's typically the last place you look.

·
Registered
91 Posts
onsknht said:
Kind of like when you find your lost keys or something... They ALWAYS end up in the LAST PLACE YOU LOOK.

Why is that?
I think it is always the last place you look because there would be no reason to continue looking after you found them. :lol:

·
Banned
821 Posts
ilovetocamp said:
I think it is always the last place you look because there would be no reason to continue looking after you found them. :lol:
Good Point!!!!

njerald said:
Well, I can read the owners manual (pg 149) or use the forum search engine.......

Just like magic.
Hey NJ ... does the I4 XLE have smart key? I have tried the procedure in the FSM time and time again ... and I can't get the procedure to disable the seat belt chime to work w/ the smart key.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
pillpusher84 said:
Good Point!!!!

Hey NJ ... does the I4 XLE have smart key? I have tried the procedure in the FSM time and time again ... and I can't get the procedure to disable the seat belt chime to work w/ the smart key.
No smart key with the XLE I4.

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
theres nothing on pg 149 on how to disable them except fasten pass. seatbelt.........??

·
Registered
200 Posts
you must have the manual printed before 06/06. j/k

sorry couldn't resist

·
Registered
5 Posts
Happy ending to my saga: armed with my '07 XLE manual open to page 149-150 I went to my local dealer. Their intial reaction was it could not be done. In the end, it was done (their first time too!). What bliss!!

·
I do all my own stunts
561 Posts
carioca said:
some groceries on the passenger seat sets the damn things off!!
How many groceries were on the front seat,? I only ask cause last night I had a 12 pack on the seat and it only displayed the airbag off. Out of curiosity I pushed on the 12 pack and had to give a pretty good amount of force on it for the sensor to start hounding me about the seat belt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A six-pack, two bottles of wine, 6 or so cans of soup and/or beans, two jam jars - nothing outrageous and the chimes went off like an alarm just as I merged into traffic. Those chimes may now rest in peace.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am glad you got it turned off. Before I had it turned off, it just drove me crazy.:eek:

·
Banned
821 Posts
Well damn you all ... the dealers her in NJ are all dicks and won't use the TIT to turn it off!!! I wish my Snap-On scanner was able to get at these special functions ... but it can't ... I guess I'll just have to drive in misery!!!

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.