Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Corolla
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know from my FSM, that Canadian 88-92 Corollas had the one piece seat belt that have one buckle on the console side. I also know that my car has the mounts for these seat belts on the pillar. Two part question.

1. What would be a source for Canadian parts?

2. Would any other year Corolla work?

The belts attached to the door are driving me crazy(not a far trip). I sure would like to swap them out. Any thoughts.

·
Rotary guy...
89 RX-7 Turbo
2,456 Posts
I know from my FSM, that Canadian 88-92 Corollas had the one piece seat belt that have one buckle on the console side. I also know that my car has the mounts for these seat belts on the pillar. Two part question.

1. What would be a source for Canadian parts?

2. Would any other year Corolla work?

The belts attached to the door are driving me crazy(not a far trip). I sure would like to swap them out. Any thoughts.
do you have the crazy power seat belts? my rx-7 has those... I hate them :(

you might be able to get some out of a coupe, I don't think they had them

·
Registered
90 Corolla
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. On mine, the shoulder belt stays attached to the door. When you open the door it pulls out and you get in and the shoulder belt is there. You still have to attach the lap belt and the shoulder belt is always getting in the way putting something it the car.

do you have the crazy power seat belts? my rx-7 has those... I hate them :(

you might be able to get some out of a coupe, I don't think they had them

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wish there was a better seat belt setup too... geez.

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
If you can, post pics and I'll see if the coupe belts will fit. My 89 sr5 has the belts you're talking about and I've got my interior almost entirely stripped so I can take pictures of my setup if you need.

My Accord had power belts... I disliked 'em for a bit but then convinced myself they were a luxury feature.

·
Slacker Extrordinaire.
1992 Corolla DLX 4D
173 Posts
My Accord had power belts... I disliked 'em for a bit but then convinced myself they were a luxury feature.
lolol i like the way you put that..

i just unlatch mine every time i get out of the car and when i am in the car i dont usually worry about the lap belt because just the shoulder belt alone has saved my life in that car...

·
Registered
90 Corolla
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I did find several companies that make a universal 3 point seatbelt system. This would probably work but the Canadian belts seems like such a perfect fit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i just unlatch mine every time i get out of the car and when i am in the car i dont usually worry about the lap belt because just the shoulder belt alone has saved my life in that car...
Too many people have died because of wearing the shoulder belt and not the lap belt. Without the lap belt, and you hit something with the front of our car, your lower body will slide forward and your neck will catch on the shoulder belt breaking your neck.

·
Registered
90 Corolla
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh, I would never wear the shoulder without the lapbelt. They are designed for a reason.

·
Slacker Extrordinaire.
1992 Corolla DLX 4D
173 Posts
all i know is everytime ive had to slam on the brakes my upper body flies foward and the shoulder belt locks..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts