Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 T100, 97 Corolla, 05 Highlander, 09 Matrix
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up driving to work with my seatbelt plugged into the passenger side buckle - it didn't fit in the middle one.

I'm looking for a replacement part but everything I find says it's not for SR5.

Has anyone had luck replacing this? Or is it possible to fix it without compromising it? (I certainly want it to be safe when I'm done.)

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
9,883 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was confused because the same part number on other sites says it's not for the SR5. But I found that by typing my VIN in at the Toyota site you gave, it says it's a DLX, not an SR5. I've been thinking it's an SR5 because that's what my auto insurance says. What's the difference between an SR5 and DLX? (It is a 2 door extended cab, but that seems to come in both flavors.)

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
9,883 Posts
I think the SR5 came power windows and upholstered door panels etc. Mines a DLX, I have a 60/40 front bench and I think the SR5's had buckets with a console. Most rvrything is interchangeable but it's stil al good idea to cross reference p/n's.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, I apparently have the DLX as well, then. Thanks!

This at least looks fairly easy to replace - just bolt it in and snap the electrical connector in? (Assuming it's easy to get to where it bolts in...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Works for me! (see post #2). :cool:
Welcome to the neighborhood.
Cool, apparently I did not read the replies and was glad to know that we reached the same conclusion.. The buckles are near broken in my truck as well and I am considering to replace them soon.

My local Toyota deal's website shows that this buckle should fit SR5, although I have not ordered it and done the work yet.

One suggestion is to provide the VIN number when ordering the buckle from the dealer. Not sure if all dealers are the same, but at least my local Toyota dealer guarantees fitness when VIN is provided.

Thanks! Just bought my T a few days ago (96, Extra cab, SR5, 3.4L, A/T, 2WD, 87k miles) and is quite excited about it. Need some TLC as expected and I will try to write a post about it soon.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
9,883 Posts
Not uncommon, thanks for being a good sport about my remark.
If you don't have this site ya might as well bookmark it. Great reference tool.
87k miles? Nice find. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
No idea about this website and it looks absolutely useful. Thanks bud!

Yeah, I think I got a great deal with some caveats (more details later).

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Caveats you say ☕

·
Registered
1996 Toyota T-100 3.4L V6 extended cab SR5 4x4
249 Posts
I just replaced the driver side buckle on my truck. Pretty easy and I bought oem. I think I paid like 60 bucks for it.

·
Registered
1996 T100 SR5 2WD, 3.4L AT
63 Posts
Will the original latches work with the new buckles? I haven't tried but I know in a lot of vehicles, say in the backseat, the middle belt latch won't click in to the L or R passenger buckles. That could be unique to middle seats I don't know.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Will the original latches work with the new buckles? I haven't tried but I know in a lot of vehicles, say in the backseat, the middle belt latch won't click in to the L or R passenger buckles. That could be unique to middle seats I don't know.
Yes as long as you order it specifically for which seat you need it for. Each buckle mounts at a different spot on the floor board. I’ll post a part schematic and it will show each buckle has a different part number

·
Registered
1996 T100 SR5 2WD, 3.4L AT
63 Posts
Rock on, thanks buddy! Both front passenger buckles are toast. They still work, but I have to dig down and pull the button upwards for it to work. Pain in the arse sometimes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

So does this bolt just come out by itself, and then go back in? Or is there a nut somewhere behind it that I have to worry about?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just a bolt no nut underneath. Be cautious with the wire that connects to the belt under the floor board carpet. That wire goes to the dash and is what buzzes when your seat belt isn’t clicked in when you first start the truck. It un-plugs you just have to search for it. It’s by the bolt

Reactions: atariguy
1 - 20 of 22 Posts