Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These seats in my car are pretty crappy (94 prizm), any bucket type seats from other cars bolt in? maybe celica seats? I miss the seats in my 240sx i could sit in that car all day. My prizm is another story, i am in the car all day, and im uncomfortable all day. Somethin that sits lower maybe, more sporty?

·
TIEyota fighter ace
AE101, TE72
1,942 Posts
Check out the seats from a Corolla LE from that generation. The seat rails should be the same and they look to be pretty nice bolstered leather units. The seat rail setup is somewhat unconventional, though (look for the right-angle bend on one mounting tab), and it may be hard to find a drop-in. Aftermarket seats are always an option, with a universal frame...

However, there may be a quicker and cheaper route. I had the same issue with my old seats and put maybe a thousand miles a week on them. Walmart has something called an EARL, it's basically a padded mesh-like eggcrate-foamy cushion thing. One of those or two of those can make a world of difference for the butt and lumbar regions.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have 2002 celica seats in mine, they are really nice i love them. unfortuneatly they aren't a direct bolt in you need to cut the mounting tabs off the rails then fabricate new mounting tabs but the results are great...

If your looking around for seats keep in mind the seat belt buckel as there attached to the seat frame and upon removing the seats the buckels have no home... Most toyota's are like this

If you want more advice on the celica seats ask i will post some pics of mine...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes please post pictures, i was thinking about newer celica seats. What about seats from other AE chassis cars from this generation such as the levin and what not, or the older 90 corolla GTS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haven't seen an inquiry for this yet: a 1978 Celica coupe, Does anyone know of a bolt in front seat replacement probably something newer that can be found? I'm not hopeful.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
13,664 Posts
Haven't seen an inquiry for this yet: a 1978 Celica coupe, Does anyone know of a bolt in front seat replacement probably something newer that can be found? I'm not hopeful.
Please start a new thread. This last post is from 07. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.