Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting to think I need a new seat in my 93. I've adjusted it every which way lately, but my back has been getting stiff/sore after driving it. I'm kinda not big on getting one out of a junker due to concerns about exposure and unseen damage like mold/mildew.

I saw on Toyota parts barn they have the Seat Cushion, seat back, seat lower cover, and seat back cover. Based on their diagram I need the seat back and seat cushion, but combined they amount to over $600 for just the cushions, not the fabric. Are there any other sources for new, OEM seats (hopefully complete)? Any other seats from different models of Toyota that will fit this car and cost less new?

I've also looked at some after market options by Sparco and Corbeau for a similar price ($300-600), but am unsure about how difficult the installation would be. Specifically, I've looked at the Sparco R100, and Chrono Road, along with Corbeau's VX2000 and Sport reclining seats. I would really prefer something reclining that will ideally seat both someone 6' 1" and fairly average in build and someone larger (IE a wide seat size), along with something I can use my factory seat belt with if it's possible.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to swap the driver's seat for the passenger seat, or are you unable to swap the adjustment lever for the back and seat belt connector? Seat covers haven't helped much either, but I've not been able to find any really nice ones.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
You can get used OEM Recaros from an Integra Type-R or EVO for a decent amount off ebay.

Just get custom brackets welded in.

There was a shop that I recall was posted that sold aftermarket seat rail adapters. A search should bring it up.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i got my seats from a local junkyard for 35 each
gave them a good wash
n they are much comfortable then the previous ones i had

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll talk to an auto upholstery shop about the price to put in new cushions. If I wanted to put in something other than a Corolla seat, there are no bolt up rails, they would need to be welded then? I'll strongly consider getting the driver's seat re-cushioned/upholstered then if the price is right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts