Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Maybe they finally became realistic about the need for a false sense of security that a locked glove box gives? If someone breaks into the car they won't hesitate to break the glove box, and if it's a valet situation they have never been all that difficult to pick the lock. If you have a real need to secure "valuables" you need to look into a true lockbox that can be permanently mounted in the trunk.

Reactions: dklanecky

·
Registered
611 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Avalon Limited, Advanced Safety Package, BlackVue DR-750 Dash Cam, Ceramic Pro Coating, XPel
1,012 Posts
Depending on what you want to secure, and how much your willing to spend, there are shops that do this type of custom one off work. For example:

·
Premium Member
2020 Avalon Hybrid, Parisian Night Pearl
78 Posts
Depending on what you want to secure, and how much your willing to spend, there are shops that do this type of custom one off work. For example:

Have you ever seen one of these hidden compartments, or had one yourself?

·
Premium Member
2019 Avalon Limited, Advanced Safety Package, BlackVue DR-750 Dash Cam, Ceramic Pro Coating, XPel
1,012 Posts
Not me, my days of needing to conceal or hide something in a car like that are long ago.......

·
Registered
2020 Avalon Limited
124 Posts
One possible need for a locked glove box here in Ohio is that if you have your CCW permit and your employer does not allow guns on their property, you are now allowed to carry your gun to work, but it must be locked in your car in a locked compartment, either glove box, center console or some other lockable container. It's a real PIA, but it's easier than finding another job or moving to another state! I parked off the property for a year or so, then retired!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.