Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed, after picking up my venza yesterday, that it was equipped only with an imobolizer, and no audible alarm. On the Canadian site there appears to be no security package for the base i4s, while on the American Toyota site i4 FWDs have the option of getting the security package, which gives a backup camera and security alarm.

Assuming Canadian dealers dont sell the security package, could I drive my Venza across the border and get it equipped with the backup camera and security system by an American dealer?

Also, is it possible to even get security package in Canada?

·
Registered
37 Posts
madtkboy,

I got the alarm packaged with the sunroof and the backup camera on my 2009 V6 AWD. But the packages have been reconfigured for the 2010 model year.

Masi_GC

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think for 2010 all the models in Canada besides base have audible alarms. It makes little sense to me that they'd put in an immobolizer and not an old school wailer.

If anyone has info on if it's possible to get the alarm on the Base I4s, or if it's possible to drive to the states with a Canadian Base I4 and have an American dealer install the security package, please enlighten!

I'm really digging the security package, but here's no Canadian equivillent for the base Venza, where as american I4 FWDs get it @[email protected]

·
Registered
2010 I4 AWD Premium
363 Posts
We have a 2010 I4 AWD - no security package. There is a dealer installed alarm that's offered I think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, there's no security package up here in Canada, but on the US site there is. And it's available for the 4 cylinder vehicles. My initial assumption is that they'd be able to install them on the Canadian vehicles too...

For the dealer installed alarm, do you know if the alarm is integrated into your OEM keyfob?

·
Registered
2010 I4 AWD Premium
363 Posts
don't know madtkboy - we didn't investigate. I presume if the US option is dealer installed it's the same as the Canadian.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmn. Might be time to consider a phone call to a U.S. dealer then. Can any American friends ask their dealer for me about installing security package on Canadian I4 Fwds on their next service visit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts