Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 tundra's horn keeps sounding about 5 AM for the last 4 mornings. Nothing seems to be setting it off. The mornings have been very cold 18-20 degrees. I use my remote to turn it off, but it still sounds after I turn it off once. It stops completely after I turn it off the second time. I don't understand. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Next time it happens, check the dash for any ajar messages. Doors, hood, tail, anything that has a switch on it. Sometimes these switches will close in extreme temps, triggering the alarm. I had a similar problem on my Corolla when it got very hot. It was the shock sensor. I disconnected it, but I imagine there is probably a sensitivity adjustment on it.

·
Registered
2007 Sequoia 2wd
10 Posts
check your battery could be getting weak, the cold could be pulling the voltage down and when it warms up enough it will set alarm off thinking the battery was disconnected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I replaced the battery and I have tried so many different things to get this taken care of. I took the easy way out, I disconnected the horns. The system still goes off without the horns, but it turns off in about 30 seconds. The dealer wanted $110 an hour to investigate and fix it. No way was I going to pay them that much to look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts