Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Toyota Prius C - its rated to get up to about 50 MPG but . On the street I can get pretty close to that, on the highway, not so much - I'm averaging between 37 - 42 MPG on the highway driving extremely conservatively (as in, trying to do 60 - 65 MPH in a 75 MPH speed zone). It isn't terrible but its terribly lacking in pickup power which is pretty necessary here in Texas. Its very good on city streets but is absolutely terrible on the highway.

I was wondering how the experience was with the Camry Hybrid. I noticed they have aprox 208 HP and are also rated around 51 - 53 MPG on the highway. Are they really pulling these numbers real world or is this just EPA advertisement? If not, what should I expect to get from it driving normally (neither conservatively, or spirited)?

If I avoid buying brand new, what years can I date the Camry Hybrid back to while still achieving the 208 HP / 51 - 53 MPG combo?

Is there anything I need to look out for in this vehicle?

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE
3 Posts
I have a 2019 Camry Hybrid LE model. I live in the Chicago area, so in warmer weather and in normal highway driving conditions (up to 70 mph) I easily average 50+ mpg. More aggressive driving or colder weather brings the average down. The absolute worst I've gotten on the highway is 40-45 mpg. It has plenty of passing power, even fully loaded with passengers.

·
8,196 Posts
Tesla 3. You WILL have pick up and they have used models.
Or, Chevy Volt 2 PLug in. It's basically, EV, as it has large EV only range capable of HWY speeds. And you have ICE. Average daily commuters never get out of EV. mode.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2020 xle hybrid and had a 2018 se hybrid. I drive the car in normal mode most of the time, and have my fun in sport mode. The car has plenty of pick up. I get about 46 mpg because of the way I drive. I’m sure if I coasted more I would be able to get the numbers up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2015 Toyota Prius C - its rated to get up to about 50 MPG but . On the street I can get pretty close to that, on the highway, not so much - I'm averaging between 37 - 42 MPG on the highway driving extremely conservatively (as in, trying to do 60 - 65 MPH in a 75 MPH speed zone). It isn't terrible but its terribly lacking in pickup power which is pretty necessary here in Texas. Its very good on city streets but is absolutely terrible on the highway.

I was wondering how the experience was with the Camry Hybrid. I noticed they have aprox 208 HP and are also rated around 51 - 53 MPG on the highway. Are they really pulling these numbers real world or is this just EPA advertisement? If not, what should I expect to get from it driving normally (neither conservatively, or spirited)?

If I avoid buying brand new, what years can I date the Camry Hybrid back to while still achieving the 208 HP / 51 - 53 MPG combo?

Is there anything I need to look out for in this vehicle?
We have a 2019 Camry Hybrid XLE - we get 44-47 MPG The Camry LE is supposed to get about 50+ MPG !

·
Registered
2019 Camry Hybrid LE
29 Posts
i have a 2019 camry hybrid LE, i get about 50 mpg with a mix of city driving and highway. i admit to be a bit light on the accelerator,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts