Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Buick Century
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to say I am selling my camry.
Buying a buick there to much starting to go wrong with the camry now just sell it due to shortage of funds but ne who i may be back with another toyota in the future had fun here may stick round nd all tht thanks to everyone who helped me out and all

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
Sad to say I am selling my camry.
Buying a buick there to much starting to go wrong with the camry now just sell it due to shortage of funds but ne who i may be back with another toyota in the future had fun here may stick round nd all tht thanks to everyone who helped me out and all

Is it a for sure sale? If not, how much are you asking ? got any pictures. plz pm me. I am very interested :thumbsup:

·
92 Camry 5S-FE
92 Camry 5S-FE
485 Posts
That's a bummer! I just bought an 03 grand prix, and I have to say my already decently sized hatred has grown ten fold. It's such a pain to work on and they must only hire high school drop outs to do their designing. Nothing is easy to work on. But on the up side it makes me appreciate toyota more every day.

You definitely want a well maintained GM, because one that was neglected like this one will make you hate yourself.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
8,838 Posts
strange.. I had a '96 I4 camry and that thing was a grandma that keep on going. But than everything on it was OEM though, we stick with oem for reliability and it was super reliable. It had oil leak now and than but that was the only problem for 10 years.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I repair vehicles 45 hours a week, 80% of what I fix are GM vehicles, I will say though, if your getting a Buick, get a 3800 series motor. They leak like a sieve, but if you take care of them they will outlast a 5sfe or a 1mz. the 3100's are useless, and the 3400's like to randomly rip out rockers, but I've seen well taken care of buicks with 3800's in good condition with over 350,000 miles on the motor.

·
11,511 Posts
I repair vehicles 45 hours a week, 80% of what I fix are GM vehicles, I will say though, if your getting a Buick, get a 3800 series motor. They leak like a sieve, but if you take care of them they will outlast a 5sfe or a 1mz. the 3100's are useless, and the 3400's like to randomly rip out rockers, but I've seen well taken care of buicks with 3800's in good condition with over 350,000 miles on the motor.
What's wrong with the 3100 series?

·
I wrench, therefore I am!
1,614 Posts
If it's not a blown engine or tranny, how is it cheaper to buy a different car than to fix your current one? A relative selling to you at a bargain?

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
the 3800 is a pretty good motor, not to mention it has some good potential with FI.

Those 3800's are beast. I never thought a grandma car could be as fast as they are. I inspected a 95 buick with a 3800 Series I L27, and I got on it a little and I was very surprised how much power it had. They are dependable too. The only thing that I've fixed (Major) was an intake manifold gasket. Other than that, these are really nice cars :thumbsup:

·
11,511 Posts
Those 3800's are beast. I never thought a grandma car could be as fast as they are. I inspected a 95 buick with a 3800 Series I L27, and I got on it a little and I was very surprised how much power it had. They are dependable too. The only thing that I've fixed (Major) was an intake manifold gasket. Other than that, these are really nice cars :thumbsup:

They had been built since the 1960s:)

·
92 Camry 5S-FE
92 Camry 5S-FE
485 Posts
I bought an 03 grand prix with the 3100 2 weeks ago. Since then I still haven't been able to figure out the electrical problems it has. The torque converter clutch was staying locked in causing the whole engine/trans to jerk around after shifting. I cut the wire that controls the solenoid for the tcc lock and it worked for a day, now its doing it even worse and the tach is going crazy. And every other time or so I go to start it, it won't. So I have to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect it to get it to start..... I wouldn't take another if someone gave it to me.

·
11,511 Posts
I bought an 03 grand prix with the 3100 2 weeks ago. Since then I still haven't been able to figure out the electrical problems it has. The torque converter clutch was staying locked in causing the whole engine/trans to jerk around after shifting. I cut the wire that controls the solenoid for the tcc lock and it worked for a day, now its doing it even worse and the tach is going crazy. And every other time or so I go to start it, it won't. So I have to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect it to get it to start..... I wouldn't take another if someone gave it to me.
If your TCC was acting up, the car would stall after it got warm when you went to stop, since it was not being unlocked. Disconnecting it would eliminate the stalling, but would cause higher revs on the highway. It is something else.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts