Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 1994 Black two door Camry (inline 4) 16 valve 2200 engin and the day after I bought it, it started acting up I took it to a mechanic he hooked it up to a computer and he said that the VACUUM SENSOR was bad but I just wanted to find out if other people have had the same problem and if that is the problem before I dump $300.00 into it The mechanic also checked the fuel pump and injectors everything is fine. WHAT IT DOES is that it die's at stop lights and the whole car wobbles when driven and is having problems starting now I just need feedback if people have had the same problem and it was that same sensor

Thank you
AL :(

·
Registered
633 Posts
Do yo mean the VSV (vacuum switching valve) ? That seems very odd to me. To be very honest I just bough a new one the other day and have been driving without it for a few days without any problems whatsoever (I didn't even notice anything). If I were you I would go to one of these places in the US where you can have a diagnose for free (Autozone or something I think...) and see what error code they give you.
Btw if it really was the VSV, you could change it yourself as it isn't that difficult, just a little bit difficult to access. It is located on the back of your engine block and is linked to two pressure hoses and one electric cable.
Hope this helps, good luck !

·
Grenaded piston
7,447 Posts
A vacuum sensor doesn't tell me much. Theres a bunch of sensors on the engine that work off of vacuum.

Do you know which sensor it is, what it looks like, or where its located on the engine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.