Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about month now, my Toyota Sequoia has developed a front end creak/knock anytime I seem to approach a stop or accelerate from a stop. The noise seems to be coming from the front end suspension or body frame areas and I say that only because I can hear the sound occur over speed bumps and usually between stop and go motion with or without the brakes applied – doesn't make a difference. Since my vehicle is covered under an extended warranty with Toyota in addition to the local dealership bending over backwards trying to resolve the issue, the following items have been replaced, double and triple checked without any success to eliminating the front end creak. Front upper and lower control arms, stabilizer links, stabilizer bar bushings and outer tie rod ends have all been replaced recently. Front springs, struts, strut bearing plates and rubber spring isolators were replaced last year. Everything suspension related in the front end is relatively new and correctly installed! Heck I even had by brakes inspected recently just to eliminate anything linked to rotors, pads, etc. No problems whatsoever with the braking system.

What am I missing here? Any help, suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

·
Registered
08 Sequoia
3 Posts
Noise driving me nuts

Hi Guys,

searched the hell out of all the forums and there is several documented items that cause serial rattles and noises in the Sequoia. I have looked at the hood cowl, driveshaft, dash, and many of the suspension items with truck on ramps. I get a rocking noise when I shift from park to drive, from a stop when I lift brake and rocks up a bit, when coming to a complete stop and truck rocks back to place. Not so much when I am driving so eliminates the ABS self check (which I know it cant be cause that's only once).

I can duplicate that noise every single time I want to, even had the wife drive it in our driveway with me hanging in engine compartment (neighbors got a laugh at that) but cant pinpoint it.

I got under the truck today and greased up all the suspension parts and I noticed that the driver side CV boot makes a similar sound when I move it back and forth. I took a short video and let me know if this kind of play and noise is normal. My passenger side doesn't have this kind of play when moving it or makes a noise.

Here is a link to YouTube video I uploaded of sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.