Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 99 camry from a dealership and i dont really know a lot about them..

im putting a 1000w rms amp in it and new deck and components, how many amps does the OEM alternator put out? im going to be putting second skin all over some areas with 2 layers. any tips i should be looking for? any ideas where to mount the circuit breaker?

I test drove 2 other 98-99 camries and both had a noise front passenger tire area when it hit bumps, maybe strut bearing or something? It makes a sound like something is loose or something? It is on the current camry that i own.

it has 75,000 miles, on average what should i have checked out first, mechanically?

thanks for the help guys.

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Might want to post the audio stuff in the audio section.
However, I think you'll likely need a new alternator with that.

I think you would do well to search "diy hypergrounds" and install them, get a good battery (optima is it?) and consider a high-amp alternator.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
The noise in the front is the strut mounts aka strut plates. replace the bearings while you're doing it. Also a good idea to replace the struts at this time since you have to take them out anyways. Also look into raammat60 for sound deadening. Im not sure how much the second skin costs but the raammat60 is 79 bucks for 62.5 sq ft.

·
Registered
290 Posts
trdcamry2003 said:
The noise in the front is the strut mounts aka strut plates. replace the bearings while you're doing it. Also a good idea to replace the struts at this time since you have to take them out anyways. Also look into raammat60 for sound deadening. Im not sure how much the second skin costs but the raammat60 is 79 bucks for 62.5 sq ft.
how much could 62.5 sq ft cover? enough for the trunk?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts