Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tennessee Tacoma Pilot
Honda VFR800 & Taco
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my dealer and requested Toyota service bulletin TSB SU002-05 be done on my new Tacoma. Fortunately my truck does not need the cab bolts upgraded because it was created after vin # 5TExx#2Nxx5Z074649 but it did fall under the spell of the needed spring spacer upgrade to stop noise over rough terrain, anything before 5TExx2Nxx5Z144240.

It was a most pleasant experience. The service manager was friendly and cooperative and more than willing to do the work. It took about 1/2 hour with no charge to me because it fell under warranty coverage.

Lots of :clap: on this one.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
I guess I fall into the squeeky springs
my vin
5Z144240
5Z092622

is the last of my vin. I jacked my truck up by the frame and let the springs and axle hang. Then rubbed bearing grease between the springs. Its been quite for a few months now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yea , i wonder where from TN u are from . I asked one of the guys at Covington Pike Toyota in Memphis and he told me he never heard of it until i showed him the printout. He felt like a jackass. Well, I'm glad u you had a better experience with the the TSB than me.

·
Tennessee Tacoma Pilot
Honda VFR800 & Taco
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crazyassazian said:
Yea , i wonder where from TN u are from . I asked one of the guys at Covington Pike Toyota in Memphis and he told me he never heard of it until i showed him the printout. He felt like a jackass. Well, I'm glad u you had a better experience with the the TSB than me.
I had to tell my service manager about the mods too but he accepted my input readily. He said he would order the parts and send me a card when they came in. He did.

Now he is aware of both the cab mod and the spring mod. Either way, they don't beat down the door getting that information out to owners. I had to pick it off from this site. My truck didn't need the cab mod because it was a later VIN #.

I don't know how dealerships work it out with Toyota when it comes to Factory Service Bulletins but there was no charge to me under warranty. It would seem that FSB's would be easy money for them.

The sqeak problem was very slight but I figured it would only get worse, so I requested the fix.

I think I read somewhere on this site that the new mod was now a complete set of springs and the spacers were an interim fix and ordering the mod, at this time, with the same part number, gets new springs but mine was just the spacers. I can't confirm how valid the complete set of springs information was but it appears not to be so.

I live in the Knoxville area and the dealer is Fox Toyota, one of seven dealers that received the "President's Award" for excellence from Toyota.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts