Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
95 Camry V6LE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for getting service in the Los Angeles area? Either dealer or independent mechanic would be fine. Thanks.

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
Also, where in SoCal? Ventura Co.? LA Co.? San Berdo. Co.? Orange Co.? San Diego Co.? You'll need to be a bit more descriptive in order to receive any help.

·
95 Camry V6LE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for getting service in the Los Angeles area? Either dealer or independent mechanic would be fine. Thanks.
Also, where in SoCal? Ventura Co.? LA Co.? San Berdo. Co.? Orange Co.? San Diego Co.? You'll need to be a bit more descriptive in order to receive any help.
Bold and underlined original post for your assistance.

The immediate issue is diagnosing an uneven initial acceleration from a stop when the air conditioner is going. It almost feels like the brakes are engaged and then disengage on their own - just describing the feeling, since the brakes have nothing to do with it. I'm thinking something in the system that lets the throttle know that the air conditioner is on, but I'm just shooting in the dark on that one.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Thread title changed to reflect the specific area. :thumbsup: Too bad you don't venture down to Orange County, I have a gem of an independent mechanic.

·
95 Camry V6LE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thread title changed to reflect the specific area. :thumbsup: Too bad you don't venture down to Orange County, I have a gem of an independent mechanic.
I do - that's why the original thread title since although I'm in Los Angeles and would prefer something in that area, I'm open to going a long way for a good mechanic (one of my Corvette mechanics is in Oxnard) - so fire away.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
I do - that's why the original thread title since although I'm in Los Angeles and would prefer something in that area, I'm open to going a long way for a good mechanic (one of my Corvette mechanics is in Oxnard) - so fire away.
Hanlon Foreign Car Service
23011 Moulton Pkwy
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
(949) 768-9319

The owner is Ken and his trusty head mechanic and often front counter guy is Travis. I swear by these guys, and have referred literally scores of family and friends to them. They're honest as the day is long, and do great work for very reasonable prices. I've never had a better private mechanic.

·
95 Camry V6LE
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks - that's only one exit further south on the 5 than another mechanic I've used for another car.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Thanks - that's only one exit further south on the 5 than another mechanic I've used for another car.
405 and Lake Forest is the nearest exit, and Lake Forest and Moulton Parkway being the nearest cross streets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts