Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i conducted a little search and didn't find what i was lookin for, maybe just cuz i overlooked it, but...

is it possible to change your idle revving to an either higher or lower rpm, and if so, is there a good level to keep it at, becuz rite now mine idles at about 975 for some reason.

i remember seeing that the stock idle is around 900, but wondered if it's ok to lower it or raise it up? and how i would do this?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i was also looking for this but i think i read it somewhere that you cant adjust those manually. not really sure. Because i found that my startup idle ( when car starts for the first time ) its a little on the high side. when i hop in my car in the morning i get 1700rpm. its wasting too much gas on the warm-up process. but normal idle is 900 for me.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
there's a screw on the top side on my 3sfe's throbble body. that adjusts the idle rpm. i'll try to get some pics somewhere. i'm sure it's the same on the 5sfe

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
yea there is a screw on my 5s-fe as well. but i've screwed and unscrewed it and all that stuff made zero diffrence.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh oh, where is this so-called screw? cuz i heard of it, and my buddy did it to his honda. he idles at 2100 tho, which i think is kinda dumb.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
You should leave it. Its fine! If it aint broke, dont fix it.

·
Mr. A. Wong
634 Posts
in the winter when I first start, the engine shoots to like 1700 rpm's first, and slowly comes down, but now summer it doesn't shoot up like that anymore

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, i like florida. the coldest starts we get here are about 30 degrees on an extreme day. usually though the outside temp is about 50-60 in winter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
After i cleaned throttle body for the first time at 53k miles, my engine started to shoots up above 2000rpm for like 3 seconds then comes down to 1700 rpm and then slowly lowers as engine gets warmer. Mine idles at around 500 rpm when engine is fully warm, i think its too low. I would like to know how to adjust idle level too. I have 2000 camry 5sfe

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
may be someone can take a pic of the throttle body + where the intake connects to it. i don't have a digi cam and i'll point out where that screw is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts