Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

2017 Highlander Limited

My low beam on the passenger side has a large shadow in the middle of the bottom half of the low-beam beam pattern. It's not the bulbs - I swapped them side-to-side to make sure. The dust cover is missing from the passenger side.

I had it in today for it to be looked at and was fed a line of ... bull ... "the dust cover 'acts as a mirror' to reflect the light forward" and that's causing the shadow. The missing dust cover hasn't caused any problems with my projector, so a dust cover would fix the problem but, of course, they aren't available separately so the entire assembly would have to be replaced. And no, the extended warranty won't cover it.

Dust cover fix the problem, huh? Sure. For grins and giggles I tried the one from the driver's side tonight. Of course, it did nothing.

Any thoughts on what's actually wrong?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello all,

2017 Highlander Limited

My low beam on the passenger side has a large shadow in the middle of the bottom half of the low-beam beam pattern. It's not the bulbs - I swapped them side-to-side to make sure. The dust cover is missing from the passenger side.

I had it in today for it to be looked at and was fed a line of ... bull ... "the dust cover 'acts as a mirror' to reflect the light forward" and that's causing the shadow. The missing dust cover hasn't caused any problems with my projector, so a dust cover would fix the problem but, of course, they aren't available separately so the entire assembly would have to be replaced. And no, the extended warranty won't cover it.

Dust cover fix the problem, huh? Sure. For grins and giggles I tried the one from the driver's side tonight. Of course, it did nothing.

Any thoughts on what's actually wrong?

Thanks,
Jim
Ya, the dust cover is not reflective so that won't make any difference.
Is it possible something is inside the lamp housing. Maybe something fell inside of it which would create a shadow on the bottom.

·
Short Arc Searchlight Fanatic
2017 Limited
208 Posts
The dust covers ARE available separately. I bought a pair way back when I converted my 2017 Limited to HID. "Cover, Headlight, P/N 81135-3A150" Comes with Oring. Bought them from the online dealer that has a presense here, I think. Cool Springs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts