Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Camry LE V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the shift knob in my 2000 Camry LE (automatic). I want to go with a sportier knob and I'm okay with having to push down to shift (since the rod being pushed down causes the movement). Could I relocate the O/D button to somewhere else? What thread size is the automatic knob? Any advice and help would be nice! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
Toyotas.
253 Posts
The knob is not threaded onto a shaft. Rather, it is bolted to the shaft with two screws on the front side, which you can see and feel. However, you cannot remove the knob that simply, because the wiring for the overdrive switch goes through the shaft and around the shifter to it's connection alongside the left side of the shifter. To remove, you must remove the entire shifter assembly. Yes, I have experience in doing this.

·
Registered
2000 Camry LE V6
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I've taken it apart before to see what I'm working with and couldn't you thread a knob onto the threads where that little white plastic button thing is (you know what I'm talking about). I was planning on rerouting the O/D switch to somewhere else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts