1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Avensis Liftback,T25
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm having a strange issue with my auto tranny (I think),
every now and then, when I downshift a few times (by depressing the pedal, or by using the gear shifter +/-), The VSC/TRC lights will go on, the issue is intermittent and will always disappear when I turn the car off and on again.

I plugged the car into Techstream and I found error C1203 and freeze frame data, looking into the data (see image below), I notice that Shift Lever Position says Fail.

Does that mean the electronics in my lever are toast ? note that when I bought the car and was installing a new radio, I found there was a huge liquid spill in the whole centre console area, sticky old cola :(

my guess is that there's something wrong with the shift lever, but someone probably knows something better than I do here!

any tips what to look for, or how to debug this issue ?
P.S: I've reset the code, but of course it comes back again, freeze frame data is also still the same, so this is the only issue.

·
Registered
Avensis Liftback,T25
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas? :), I'm still struggling with that issue that comes and goes intermittently, it's quite hard to reproduce when the car is not moving since I guess the system engages at over 40 something km/h

1 - 2 of 2 Posts