Toyota Nation Forum banner

Shifter Light not turning on!

294 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  2004corollace
Hi all,
I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla CE and at night when I am shifting to Drive, or Reverse, etc. there is no light to let me see where I am shifting. I turn on the interior light in order to see it. Does anyone know what kind of fuse that needs replacing?. If you guys can just give me the name then I can order it... this has been a problem for awhile now. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,509 Posts
Hi all,
I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla CE and at night when I am shifting to Drive, or Reverse, etc. there is no light to let me see where I am shifting. I turn on the interior light in order to see it. Does anyone know what kind of fuse that needs replacing?. If you guys can just give me the name then I can order it... this has been a problem for awhile now. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
It's not the fuse the bulb has burned out. If it was the fuse there would be more lights out than just the shifter locations. You will have to find out how to disassemble the center console and replace the bulb. Check out this video

· Registered
111 Posts
Hi all,
yeah it's the bulb. i replaced mine earlier this year with led bulbs (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079L3WBDN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&th=1). it's not a very hard job but you do need to take off the center console assembly and the

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the video, and links, just wondering if these bulbs will work since I am in Canada I use Amazon.ca:

Let me know and I'll order em!, thanks.

· Registered
2007 Silver Corolla CE Auto
1,094 Posts
Both links are 194 bulbs LEDs so they should work or you can buy just 1 or 2 a Canadian Tire or Napa LED or conventional etc etc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts