Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Camry SE
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forums and found some articles concerning this but mostly about other models/years. I have a 2009 camry and lately there have been occasions where I can't shift out of park even though I'm pressing the brake and everything. Im taking it in this saturday but I'm wondering if any of you have knowledge about what's going on here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
keep us all updated on this situation, your most likely not the only one

i also have the same problem but i thought it was cause i didnt correctly "break" in the car.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
If I recall, this is such a 'problem' that it is covered in the owner's manual. Really.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I recall, this is such a 'problem' that it is covered in the owner's manual. Really.
I may be wrong but if I remember correctly, the owners manual tells you to take a screwdriver (who's going to have a screwdriver handy in an emergency) and pop open the little plastic tab by the shifter and using the screwdriver you can move the gear shift lever from park. :clap::lol::facepalm:

·
Registered
2009 Camry SE
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are correct about the override. Of course it shouldnt be happening at all. Naturally when I brought it to the dealership it stopped happening. Wonder if it's heat related as the weather cooled by 20 degrees between saturday when I brought it in and the rest of the week where it was happening a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts