Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Corolla with 103k miles with an automatic transmission. It just recently started jerking when shifting from 1st to 2nd. All other shifts are smooth. Have checked the transmission fluid. Fluid level is good, color is good, and it did not smell burned. The jerking is not constant but is frequent.

The check engine light came on today so I took it to AutoZone to see what the code was. Code was "P2716" with the following definitions:

-Open or short circuit condition
-Poor electrical connection
-Failed Shift Solenoid Valve SLT

Is this something I can fix, or is it a dealership fix?

As I am new to the car, and this forum, any help or information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did get a recall notice today for the Engine Control Module. Just wanted to check to see if anything else could be the cause. I had planned to take the car and recall notice to the dealership sometime this week and see if anything could be done.

*edit* With the new modules being available next month, will the jerking cause any lasting damage?

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I did get a recall notice today for the Engine Control Module. Just wanted to check to see if anything else could be the cause. I had planned to take the car and recall notice to the dealership sometime this week and see if anything could be done.

*edit* With the new modules being available next month, will the jerking cause any lasting damage?

Thanks Again.

It could cause damage. Does the recall letter say what to do in the event of needing a new ECU before the new ones are in stock next month? Technically you are way out of the emissions warranty, but with the recall on the covered cars does not depend on age or mileage so I would call the dealer and tell them what happened. Maybe the will tell you to come in next week or put you down first on the list for next month, but you should demand to get it taken care of ASAP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The recall does state that if you experience some problems such as what the OP is posting about that he can bring it in early. I talked to my local dealer. They do have some ECM's just not enough to cover everyone. So you should be able to hit up your local dealer and they should be able to take care of you. =]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts