Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm curious anyone makes a shiftkit for my automatic trans for my '93 cam.
also, i want to rebuild the heads and port & polish the heads. i want to port match the intake to the heads to. has anyone done this to there 3v yet? i just want to know the costs, level of difficulty and power gains on this modification. i'm also freeing up the intake w/ a custom real cold air intake/ramair setup w/ custom exaust w/ punched out cat.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
i'm curious anyone makes a shiftkit for my automatic trans for my '93 cam.
Import Performance Transmissions
Level 10
Both do a good job for N/A builds, but if you plan on higher HP(turbo/NOS) I have heard second hand from two different people that the Level 10 rebuild is too weak. Import Performance can accomidate those projects.

i want to port match the intake to the heads to. has anyone done this to there 3v yet? i just want to know the costs, level of difficulty and power gains on this modification.
Yes. Cost depends on the machine shop doing the work; $300-$350 for a street job. Power gains on a stock 3vz-fe should be 20-30hp. The heads are generally horrible, so there is much to gain.

i'm also freeing up the intake w/ a custom real cold air intake/ramair setup
The stock system is allready a CAI. I've also not seen a 3vz CAI/Ram Air that can gain more hp than the stock system. Most loose hp. If you really want the sound and maybe a couple hp, cut a hole out of the stock box and leave it in there.
The same basic thing is done by many of the 4runner guys. See Here

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm making a custom cold air intake from a universal plate i just found at autozone. for the piping they have a intake pipe that is like 24" long that i'm thinkin of placing the k&n cone filter right by the driver's side headlight. like the mustang/supra guys do, just take that light out for a ramair like intake.
are the 300+ dollars for just the p/p or is it for a whole rebuild of the heads minus the cost of the valves and other materials?
thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
for a decent and reliable p & p job you're looking at 700-800 per head. you know the saying you get what you pay for. But it should be a substancial increase. this i just what i researched on my own time.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
You can save a lot of the cost if you do all the prep yourself and just give them the heads.

I will always suggest that since you have the heads off, let them do the intake manifold also and do routine maintanance when you put it back together... Change spark plugs, PCV vavle with a filter to keep the mess out of the clean intake and anything else you can think of.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
We are CT Motorsport are working with Shiftgate to get a Performance head for the 3vz motor. I should be on the dyno within a month if everything continues to go as planned.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have a few on order...they are back ordered. Ill call again monday. I talked to them last last week, but there was no word

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Cool, 3VE-FE heads...

Hey Sean:
How about getting some words on headers for the same while you are out there? I am try to stay normally aspirated.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
How do you plan to put the K&N behind the drivers headlight? Are you honestly going to relocate your battery just for that?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts