Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

So recently i decided i wanted to lower my 2000 Camry CE. I installed D2 lowering springs in the front and rear, and replaced the rear shocks, since they were incredibly worn. After having lowered the car, the rear sat about 2 inches lower than the front, which were already lowered 2 inches. I decided to reinstall the stock height springs, and the rear shocks came with new springs. I reinstalled those on the rear shocks and put the shocks back in, but now the car sits as if it were raised about 3 and a half inches. The spring is fully seated in the shocks correctly, however. For reference, the shocks have been on the car for 6 days, and only rode on lowering springs for those days. Do the shocks need more time to settle, now that the stock height springs are on there? Or did i screw something up?

·
'00 4 Cyl. Auto Camry LE
812 Posts
Greetings,

Did you measure the height difference between the springs (new stock, vs. lowered) ? That may give you some indication to the difference in ride height you are seeing now.

re: time to settle - yes, that may also be part of it: new parts (springs/struts) are going to sit high, until they settle in.. They did here.

Much info in this thread - worth a read,

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/103-camry-3rd-4th-gen-1992-1996-1997-2001-1st-gen-solara-1999-2003/1641338-why-am-i-sitting-so-high.html

* Rear strut assemblies (Monroe) here measured 27 1/2" from ground to the apex of rear wheel well, when new here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts