Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Camry 96
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the CV Boots for my wife car (Camry 1996-4cyl / 115,000miles) are ripped off I decide it's time to replace my suspension system too.
So I decide to go for Bilstein Touring Class - 260$ set of 4 struts - online Bilstein dealer.(I hope those are brand new and not remanufactured.)

Also I will buy new top mounted struts from a Toyota Dealer Online.
So I hop I did the right decision - I am not looking for a sporty looking car.

My question is - what springs I should buy? Any advices are welcomed.
Should I buy the OEM from Toyota or should I go for something else - I need something similar with the standard ones that came with Toyota.
Thank YOU!

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
toyota springs are the only ones that wont lower the car... why would you buy brand new oem springs when you dont need them though? Im sure theyyl even cost you more than some high quality lowering springs.

Try both a search and looking at the FAQ posted in the general camry section, there is tons of info on suspension setups there:thumbup:

·
Registered
Camry 96
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you sugest to keep the old ones ... it should be fine with the old OEM ones?
I was thinking if I replace the Struts its a good ideea to replace the springs too ... but maybe not?!

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
nahh youll be fine, unless you want to lower it and have a stiffer ride, keep the used factory springs. They may have sagged a small ammount over time, but it isnt worth the money to replace them IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts